c. iii

please be aware that there are mentions of sean dolan in the following chapters and this may not be the book for you as the topic is understandably sensitive! in no way am i trying to offend anyone. i love you guys & i hope sean is continuing to rest in peace. enjoy the chapter. <3

also pleaseee vote! it lets me know that you guys are enjoying pyro :)

CHAPTER THREE
BLACK, PLEASE

it had been two weeks since ethan moved into maggie's apartment — well, their apartment.

the pair unintentionally found themselves enjoying each other's company. it was safe to say they were no longer strangers.

while maggie mostly works from home, ethan spends most of his days assisting his dad.

they ate dinner together in the evening, breakfast together in the morning. even sometimes joining each other in the small living room for a horror movie, something they discovered was both a pleasant past time they shared.

maggie was laid out over the couch, her laptop in her lap. she stared into space, sighing occasionally of boredom.

meanwhile, ethan was ready for work, carrying his briefcase with a professional - looking backpack attached to him.

"hey," he greeted her, grabbing a smart water out of the refrigerator.

maggie propped herself back up on the couch. "oh, hi," she said. "going to work?"

"that's the plan."

"oh.. cool. have fun." she slumped back down.

but before walking out of the door, a thought popped in his head. "do you wanna come?"

maggie's eyes widened. "me?"

"well, mags," her cheeks reddened. "you have twenty minutes to make yourself business casual or i'm leaving you here."

"really?!"

he checked his watch. "your timer started fifteen seconds ago."

maggie picked herself up and ran to her room. she started digging through her closet, mentally thanking herself for showering earlier in the morning.

dolan enterprise
two thirty-four p.m.

     "this building is huge!" maggie exclaimed.

when ethan told her he was working for his dad's company she didn't expect his dad to be the founder of dolan enterprise.

everyone knew of sean dolan. he was the richest businessman in all of the state of new york. but maggie never put two in two together until now.

the lobby had an aquarium in it and while ethan was on the other side of the lobby, pressing the elevator button, maggie was staring at all the fish and guessing their names.

PUT YOUR RECORDS ON.

ethan grabbed maggie's hand and brought her over to the elevator. "you know you could of just asked me to follow you, right?"

"this is already reminding me of 'bring your kid to work day.'" ethan joked.

she rolled her eyes. "your dad is like.. in charge of the best lawyers in the whole big world!!"

ethan noted that maggie tends to be dramatic when she is overwhelmed.

he laughed. "well, yeah."

sean dolan was the boss of some of the most well-known, hard working lawyers in the state. of course maggie's excitement was through the roof.

they reached the thirty-second floor of the huge building. the whole floor was dedicated to ethan and someone else's office.

"who's office is that?" the girl questioned. she followed ethan into the door on the right.

"i don't know much about her, my dad just calls her by her last name." maggie nodded in response even though it really didn't answer her question.

an hour passed and while ethan worked on his computer, the dark haired girl organized a few files she probably shouldn't be looking at.

both of their heads turned to the large door. "hello mr. d-" the blonde paused when she noticed maggie. "who's she?"

"nobody. go away." the girl scoffed at his remark but left anyway.

maggie kept quiet, even after the mystery female left.

"i didn't mean nobody, maggie." ethan reassured her. "i just wanted her gone, i'm sorry."

she nodded. "i'm going out for coffee, would you like any?"

"black, please."

and while getting coffee, maggie let her thoughts get the best of her.

why was it such an issue that maggie was in ethan's office?

who was that woman?

why was he so rude?

is he always that mean?

new note from c!
suprise > surprise
whoever added the r
deserves jail time.