c. xviii

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
GOOD LUCK

ethan shifted uncomfortably in his airplane seat, but rested easy knowing his reward. he hadn't seen maggie in days and couldn't wait to engulf her in a hug.

but every time he attempted to contact her, she tried her best to ignore him. he needed to know she was mad.

it was eating him alive knowing that maggie wanted nothing to do with him. the woman he adored didn't want to be around him, so much so that she fled the state.

ethan and aidan had been texting the past three days making sure the plan went perfectly, maybe even getting along better in the process. but neither of them would admit that.

you can't really favor a billionaire that you don't know or care to know. well, you can, just not one's that hurt your little sister.

maggie's brother
lmk what terminal
you're getting off
at and i'll be waiting
there. black ford.

dolan
and she doesn't
suspect anything?

maggie's brother
nope.

maggie's brother
but that doesn't mean
she won't be mad at
the both of us.

dolan
i don't doubt that.

upon aidan's arrival, the twin hopped into the passenger seat and gave his girlfriend's brother a handshake.

"good to see you, man," aidan said. "even under a bad circumstance.. my sister really seems to like you."

ethan nodded. "i hope so, and i hope she'll be happy to seem me."

"there's no telling."

forty-five minutes later
the nelson residence

maggie's fingers traced the seams to her old record player. she didn't bring it with her to manhattan, feeling as if her childhood bedroom was it's permanent home.

she owned too many records and left most in florida. during her time spent at home, the needle had to be replaced twice due to the record player spinning almost 24/7.

ethan grant
wyd

maggie scoffed at ethan's casualness, but decided to play along.

mags
i'm out with
elliot, why?

ethan grant
are you serious?

ethan grant
more like are
you insane?

ethan grant
get away
from him!

ethan grant
what the fuck makes
you think that's safe?

mags
jesus you're
not my dad.

ethan grant
that's exactly right:
i'm not. but how
would he feel if he
knew you were with
him right now?

ethan grant
he's fucking
dangerous maggie

mags
he would know
i'm lying just to
piss you off.

ethan grant
fuck i almost
had a heart
attack