c. viii

CHAPTER EIGHT
MARRY HIM RIGHT NOW

isabelle quietly opened the door to maggie's bedroom. she rolled over and sat up.

"hey, i brought you some water and a tylenol. your car is back in your parking spot, too."

maggie gladly took the items from her friend's hands, never speaking a word.

"elliot said he wanted to talk to you and then he would book a flight back to florida."

maggie got out of her bed and replaced her baggie pink jeans with gray sweatpants. "where is he now?"

"i have no clue, i'm guessing at some hotel or fucking some girl."

she shook her head. "elliot wouldn't do that, stop."

the tension in the room could be cut with a knife, though a chainsaw would be more efficient. the best friend's didn't know what to say to each other.

"why'd you call ethan?" izzy asked.

"w-what?"

"why'd you call ethan?" she asked again.

maggie picked up her clothes and put them into the hamper. "i'm not sure."

izzy plopped onto the bed covered with a pink fuzzy blanket. "why did you call ethan instead of me, maggie?"

"i said i don't know!"

"there's a reason! he's just your roommate and i'm your best friend! hell, i would of thought you would call max before him! you barely even know him!" izzy screamed out of frustration.

maggie didn't let the words 'just your roommate' fly over her head. even if their relationship started out awkward, they were becoming closer and closer each day.

"say something, goddamn it! why did you call et-" she was cut off.

"you can stop asking that question! i heard you the first time, isabelle."

maggie was fed up with how izzy was acting. it was simply childish to her.

"i called him because although we just recently met, we're becoming closer and closer each day. i feel like i could talk to him about nearly anything and he would understand — and even if he didn't, he wouldn't judge me. he's really kind and i haven't had a male like this in my life recently, okay? i really just needed someone other than you to be there for me, izzy. i didn't mean to hurt your feelings."

isabelle got off of the bed and wrapped her arm's around the girl. it was a much needed hug as the girl's rarely got into arguments.

"so you like him?" izzy asked.

maggie shrugged. "why do you think that?"

"pleaseeee, i can easily tell."

maggie's cheeks turned pick and isabelle squealed, practically jumping up and down. "so you do!!"

"i didn't s-say that."

"you didn't have to, i can tell." izzy grinned. "i'm so excited!! double dates!!"

"woah woah woah, i didn't even say i liked the guys and your talking about double dates?!" she stammered.

maggie's found dinged.

eth
do you want
mcdonald's?

eth
because i already
got it for you heh

"and he bought you mcdonald's?!" izzy asked, looking over the girls shoulders. "marry him right now."

the kitchen
seven twenty-four a.m.

maggieee
hi ell. iz told me you
had something to say
to me...?

elliot ;)
can we talk in person?
or at least call?

maggieee
no i like this better
for right now.

elliot ;)
i'm sorry about
yesterday.

maggieee
i felt like i was in the
car with someone i
didn't even know.

maggieee
i literally have a
knot on my head!

maggieee
you would of never
done that to me in high
school, would you?

elliot ;)
of course not!

elliot ;)
i don't know why
i did it yesterday

maggieee
when you figure it
out, let me know.

elliot ;)
don't be like that
maggie.

maggieee
i don't even know
who you are anymore.

her fingers ran through her dark hair and she groaned out of frustration.

"you good?" ethan asked.

maggie was seated at the kitchen island and ethan was making avocado toast for the two of them. maggie realized he was actually a really good cook.

"elliot's just being weird."

ethan's eyes widened. "you're talking to him? what's he saying?"

"well yeah, i'm talking to him. he said he would go back to florida if i let him explain but there really wasn't anything to explain." she handed him her phone and he made frowning expressions while reading the texts.

"just please don't talk to him anymore, i want you to be safe and he's not a good person, mags." ethan said, never breaking eye contact.

new note from c!
hey hey hey u
reading this!!
click the star so
i know u like my
fanfic <3