c. xiv

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
I LOVE YOU, ETHAN

"god i have way too many vinyls." maggie whispered to herself.

little did she know, ethan was watching her from the door. he tried not to laugh at the cute girl talking to herself.

"i don't even know who this is."

"this record has never even been played."

"this one's still in the packaging!"

ethan couldn't take it anymore. he wrapped his arms around the girl. "hi maggie."

"hi grant. wanna help me?"

he shrugged his shoulders and plopped down on her bed. "your room is nice."

"you tell me that everyday, e." she reminded him.

maggie had a train album in her hand. "god drops of jupiter is so good."

"put it on." ethan told her.

drops of jupiter (tell me) played out of the mint green victrola record player.

he got up and held her waist. "dance with me."

she wrapped her hands around his neck. "hi lover boy."

"hi mags." ethan pressed his lips to hers.

maggie felt like she was in a movie. dancing in her room to a good song with the boy of her dreams? her life was complete.

"do you want to go on a date with me?" he whispered to her all giddily.

she giggled. "yes, where are we going?"

"the park. wear something comfy."

central park
around noon

maggie wore a pink plaid sundress with wedges, an outfit ethan adored. "you look so cute, m."

"thank you, e." she smiled.

the two laid on a light yellow sheet, a picnic basket with sandwiches, fruit, and waters (a secret apple juice included) inside of it.

ethan sat up and looked at the girl. "i have something to ask you."

"mhm?" she hummed, sitting up.

"will you be my girlfriend?" he grinned.

the girl's face lit up. she didn't say anything as she was lost for words.

"so is that a no?" ethan's voice cracked.

maggie laughed. "it's a yes, ethan."

he kissed maggie, leaving his lips on hers for a longer amount of time. "turn around, i have a surprise."

the girl scooted her body around and he placed a necklace around her neck, clasping it.

it read "grant," each letter a charm.

maggie's fingers reached for the necklace. her eyes filled with tears as she was able to read the letters.