c. ix

CHAPTER NINE
ON THE HOUSE

eth
good morning,
maggie.

eth
i know you're still
asleep, but my
brother needed me
earlier this morning.

eth
meet me at the coffee
shop on the corner at
nine a.m. if you're
awake. :)

mags <3
okayyy

     maggie grinned at the boy's messages. he had told her a many a story of how his brother was basically incapable of being a normal human being.

she threw on a pair of ripped mom jeans, a black strappy cropped top with a light blue flannel, and slipped on a pair of classic black vans.

she smiled when she arrived at 9:02 and ethan was sitting at a table seemingly waiting for her. "hi."

"hey, mags." ethan slide the cup over to her. "iced coffee with almond milk for the one and only."

"always." she giggled. "why the spontaneous coffee trip?"

"i just wanted to hang out with you, i feel like we never get to do this anymore." ethan frowned and maggie laughed.

"we practically never leave each other alone! you talked to me through the door of the bathroom while i was taking a bath yesterday, eth." he gave her a toothy grin.

"okay the real reason is because my dad's hosting a banquet, more of a retirement party. he's officially stepping down and giving the company to me."

maggie turned her head to the side. "you mean you and grayson?"

he shook his head. "grayson doesn't want to own the company, only work for it. i've always wanted to take this position.. ever since i was a little kid."

"and i was wondering if you wanted to be my date to the banquet."

ethan bit down on his lip like a child as he waited for maggie's answer.

"i would be honored." she grinned and ethan smiled widely. "when is it?"

"tomorrow night at six."

magzz nelson :,)
ethan told me to let
u know that his father
is hosting a banquet
for his retirement and
he wanted you and
max to come.

magzz nelson :,)
pls come it's just gonna
be a lot of scary rich ppl

magzz nelson :,)
oh and e asked me to
be his date lol yeah hehe

izzy :*
of course, we'll
be there.

izzy :*
and alsoooooo
WHATTTTT

izzy :*
as he SHOULD

magzz nelson :,)
tmr night at 6 btw

magzz nelson :,)
it's like.. ballgown
fancy too

izzy :*
shit

magzz nelson :,)
picking u up to go
dress shopping at 2

izzy :*
THANK GOD
JEHDHEJ

magzz nelson :,)
IKR MY FANCIEST DRESS
IS FROM NINTH GRADE
HOMECOMING WJDNDK

izzy :*
LMAO SAMEJDKWJD

lisa's boutique
around noon