c. ii

CHAPTER TWO
AND THEY WERE ROOMATES

     ethan brought maggie to a diner down the street. she had been there before, but only alone or with her friends.

"they know you by name?" ethan questioned as they settled in a booth by a window.

maggie nodded. "embarrassing, right?" they both laughed. "i come here a lot. my best ideas were made in this little diner."

ethan ordered a burger and fries while maggie chose chicken tenders and french fries. both got cokes, maggie's with a cherry in it.

"what if i was allergic to cats?" he taunted her. "what would you of done then?"

"oh that's simple," maggie smiled. "kick you out. i'm not giving up my child."

after a few minutes of silence, maggie couldn't bare it anymore. "i feel like you know so much about me while i know nothing about you."

PUT YOUR RECORDS ON.

"well, what do you wanna know?"

"anything. do you have any siblings? what's your favorite color? any pets? first job? where did you grow up? what's your middle name? ever broken a bone? ever had a girl-"

ethan stopped her. "slow down."

"i have two siblings, grayson and cameron. grayson's my twin, cameron's my older sister." maggie's eyes widened.

"woah.. that must be so cool having a twin."

ethan nodded. "it has it's ups and downs. my favorite color is clear, i had a bird, my first job was working on cars with my dad, i grew up in jersey, my middle name is grant, and yes, i've had a couple girlfriends."

maggie listened. "clear? is that even a color?"

".. to me. what's your favorite color?"

"forever and always mint," she swirled the straw around her cherry coke. "my whole room is filled with that color."

"why'd you move to manhattan?" maggie asked.

ethan shrugged. "i was living in los angeles and i hated it. but i still wanted to live in a large city so this was my next choice," he said. "but if you're speaking in terms of work, i'm a businessman. my father owns a company and wanted me to eventually own it."

maggie frowned. "oh so you probably won't need to live with me for that long."

"hey, we don't know anything just yet."

a couple hours later
ethan & maggie's apartment

     "you didn't tell me he was hotttt." izzy squealed.

she and her boyfriend had come to ethan and maggie's apartment to drop off some clothing pieces and ended up making maggie come back with her.

"and he's really sweet too," maggie said.

"who's really sweet?" maximus interrupted.

he placed himself down in the armchair next to the couch, which was accompanied by the best friends.

"her new boyyyy," izzy said, dragging out the 'y.' "and they're roommates!!"

"izzy appears more excited about him than you do." max mentioned.

maggie blushed. "maybe i don't wanna think about my roommate that i see every time i'm in my house like that."

"sounds like i want to live with him more than m does." she joked, but slumped down into the couch when her boyfriend didn't laugh.

"i won't deny that he's hot, but i'm not trying to get in his pants. i just started getting to know him and i don't wanna fuck this up."

new note from c!
i didn't intend to leave u guys in
the dark this week, i'm just
really overwhelmed. love u!!