c. x

CHAPTER TEN
FINE, GRANT

     "too much or too little?" maggie asked ethan as he tied his tie in the mirror in their living room. "maybe it's a little too much-"

"it's perfect, mags. you look gorgeous. don't stress, love." he said.

she blushed. "you look really handsome, e."

"thank you princess."

maggie had her hair half up, half down and it was curled. she had a pair of strappy nude heals on her feet. "i wish these heels were doc's."

"i know you do. it's five, we should get going." ethan grabbed the girl's hand and they made their way to his car.

dolan enterprise
five forty-five p.m.

     "it's nice to meet you, maggie. i hope my son hasn't been too much of a hassle." sean joked as he hugged maggie. "you look great."

"thank you, mr. dolan." he nodded.

she spotted grayson chatting with an older gentleman. he waved her over.

"hey, good to see you here." grayson told her.

"haha, why?" she asked.

"it's a bunch of old rich men and their way too young wives." he pointed to isabelle. "is that your friend?"

maggie nodded. "yup. she's off limits, though."

"who said i was interested in her?"

"look at her." maggie grinned. "how couldn't you be interested in her?"

"well, you got me there." he joked.

it would be a lie to say maggie didn't feel out of place. sure, she had a law degree, but found herself too nervous to ever be able to work for a firm.

sometimes she wondered why she ever majored in law and public safety. too late now.

"you look stunning, maggie! i'm glad to see ethan settled down with someone like you." a lady maggie didn't know said, side hugging her.

"oh, w-we aren't dating! i'm just his roommate." maggie awkwardly laughed.

the woman grabbed onto her hand. "i'm his aunt, and i know when my nephew likes a woman. i hope you're a good cook." and then she walked away.

what the fuck is wrong with you? is what maggie wanted to say, but instead she just scoffed.

"i see you met aunt sabrina." ethan slithered his arm around the girl's waist. "what snarky comment did she make?"

"she said 'i know when my nephew likes a woman. i hope you're a good cook.' and then just walked away. i don't like her." maggie said.

ethan laughed. "nobody really does. let's go sit."

he led her to a table that isabelle and max were already sitting at. it was right in front of the stage that she assumed someone would speak at.

"i heard grayson hitting on you." ethan said to isabelle.

she laughed. "i know, max wasn't too happy."

"good evening, everyone. this evening is very special, and an important moment in our company's histor...."

time passed by and although maggie felt bad for not paying much attention, she couldn't help it.

"well if it isn't mr. dolan, the head of dolan enterprise." maximus teased ethan as he came back to their table.

ethan held his hand out to his date. "may i have this dance?"

maggie giggled and took the boy's hand. the song "hey there delilah" by plain white t's played from the DJ stand.

"hey, i have this song on record!" maggie said as ethan wrapped his arms around her waist and she clasped her hands together around his neck.

"i know, that's why it's playing."

maggie's heart felt like it was going to burst. she hasn't felt this happy in a long time.

"congratulations, mr. dolan." she whispered. "i'm proud of you, e."

"thank you, mags. and thank you for being my date." ethan said.

"oh please, you had no one else to take." she laughed.

ethan shook his head. "trust me, i wanted to take you. only you. you're something else, maggie."

"what's that supposed to mean?" maggie cocked her head to the side. "in a good way?"

"it means i like you." ethan whispered, almost inaudibly. "i like you a lot and i couldn't go one more day without letting you know."

maggie didn't know what to say. she was speechless. izzy was right, once again. damn you, isabelle.

"oh."

ethan laughed. "that's all you have to say? 'oh'?"

"fine, grant. i really like you too." she rested her head on ethan's shoulder as they swayed back in forth to talking to the moon by bruno mars.

"hmm.. grant. i could get use to that."

new note from c!
hehe yesterday (the 18th)
was my birthday :)