Chapter 4

▪️BENNET▪️

I was a fucking idiot. Because I actually gave a shit. The time in the shower had fortified my resolve to where I felt like myself again. Over confidence was a mood killer that's for sure. Seeing Leah needing help I stupidly came to her rescue and the awkwardness that descended afterwards was palpable. I hadn't meant anything by it but I should of known that the feel of her curves against my chest and the smell of her hair would do crazy things to my senses not to mention my libido. I don't think I had ever gotten a semi hard on so fucking fast. Usually when I caught my mind wandering about her I changed the subject. I would think of anything I could to douse my arousal. The fly on the wall, what I had for lunch that day, my grandmothers attic. Hell, whatever it took. But the second Wes came barging through and started rubbing his hands all over her back and smashing her up against his chest I wanted to punch something. A part of me always suspected he did it on purpose. Although I never hinted at how I felt, Wes was pretty intuitive. He came across a certain way so that people let their guard down naturally. Never guessing that he picked up on his surroundings like a freaking radar. It bothered me that something was obviously wrong with Leah and then it bothered me that I was bothered about it. I didn't want to notice, I didn't want to care and most of all I didn't want to be around her. Pushing back from the counter I went and rinsed my cup out in the sink.

"Hey man you gonna meet with us for dinner over at The Pub?"

Placing my cup in the dishwasher I turned around and grabbed my car keys.

"No thanks, I have other plans"

Wes insisted which wasn't out of the ordinary. The man should of been a used car sales man.

"Come on! It will be fun."

I shook my head and walked to the front door.

"Some other time, I have a date."