Chapter 17

🔹Leah🔹

Five days. It had been five days and I was still as confused as the day that it happened. The worst part is that Bennet's kiss had ignited something inside me that only grew with each passing day. If I thought I was checked out at work before, now it was worse. I found myself fantasizing about what it would be like if he had never broken the kiss in the first place. Never having a high labido made my bodily reaction to thoughts of him even more confusing. I couldn't just chalk it up to being horny or being sexually frustrated. I was a woman who knew her body pretty well and I had never had this kind of response to any other man(including my ex boyfriend).
My cheeks flamed at the way I had frantically found release in my bed by my own hand the night that he had kissed me. My body was strung so tight that it didn't take more then a minute before I was dripping wet and biting my lip to keep from moaning out his name.

I couldn't decide if it was a good or bad thing that I would be seeing him tonight at The Pub with Wes and Vee where we most always had a few drinks and dinner to bring in the weekend. Did I want to see him? Would he even be there? I think a part of me wanted to see if I had been making this up in my head. I wanted his physical body in front of me, I wanted to look into his eyes and read his reaction. I wanted to feel it all but most of all I wanted to know the truth.

My phone buzzed with a text from Vee, she wanted to let me know that her and Wes would have to cut our get together short tonight to make the trip to her parents place for a last minute family get together over the weekend. I texted her back to let her know I was cool with that. Maybe it was for the best. That means the time spent with Bennet would be quick and I could walk in, evaluate the situation, spend some time realizing everything I had been thinking was all in my head and then leave from there. After all he had insinuated that he had only kissed me to make me feel better. The sooner I could figure this one out the sooner I could get on with my life.

Much to my relief the evening descended quicker than I had anticipated. I dressed casual in black leggings that cut off at the ankle, a lightweight maroon hoodie from Brandy Melville and white converse. After I showered I left my hair down to dry and added a little makeup to complete the look.

The first 15 minutes after I arrived were spent catching up with Wes and Vee at the table. We ordered appetizers and I gladly took Wes up on his offer of a margarita. Anything to settle my nerves was a good idea at this point. By the time Bennet walked in I was half way though my glass and feeling much more relaxed. I could tell he had come directly from work because he still wore slacks, chuckas and a button down that was pulled back at the sleeves and unbuttoned at the neck. He looked tired as hell and my first thought was that he hadn't been sleeping either. Wes slapped him on the back as he slipped into the booth across from me and immediately voiced the same thing we were probably all thinking.

"What's up man? You look like crap!"

Bennet seemed in no mood to humor him as he placed his phone and keys on the table and replied with a raspy "Thanks."

Wes's response was comical as usual.

"Aww man I feel like this is partly my fault. I'm the one that insisted Vee sleep over all week. Have we been keeping you up at night?"

I heard Vee gasp in embarrassment. At this point I think we all knew how insatiable they were but for Wes to actually call it was exploiting the obvious.

Bennet replied with humor in his voice "Yes that very well could have something to do with it."

"Maybe you should be the one rooming with Leah Bennet, that way you would have some peace and quite."

Now it was my turn to gasp. Bennet's eyes found mine in that moment and I could swear the torment was etched into the blue of his gaze.

In contrast he smirked at me