Chapter 33: Astraphobia

My gaze is focused on Taehyung. My heart is pounding as fear overruns me.
I'm sure Jungkook did this on purpose.
But Taehyung needs to show superiority.

His eyes are narrowed, his brow creased and his hands balled into fists.

He looks like a tiger ready to attack his prey.
I feel like he's gonna walk up to us any minute now, grab my hand and give Jungkook a good punch in the face.

Yet, that's not what happens.
His body tense increasingly lessens, as he takes a deep breath and runs his hand through his hair in frustration. He turns around and takes two steps forward.

I'm completely amazed by his transition.
It's like someone pressed a button and completely changed his mindset. Or maybe he just reminded himself of the promise he gave. This means he's keeping it and I'm more than grateful and proud of him for doing so.

"Thank you Jungkook, I guess I'll be seeing you around. Thanks for understanding and for being nice to me all this time." I thanked him and smiled at him.

"You don't have to thank me. I do care about you and if you ever need me just call me or text me. I'll be there for you." said Jungkook placing his hand on my shoulder and I grin hugging him one last time.

Waving at him, I walk back to Taehyung, my boyfriend, who is still facing the opposite direction with his hands buried in his pockets.

I run up to him and hug him from behind, technically riding piggyback on him, taking him by surprise. He holds my thighs and turns around to face me, while I give him a quick peck on the lips.

He starts running with me on his back and I keep on giggling, having the time of my life.

Not being careful enough, since he kept peeking glances from me, he tripped over a rock and the next thing I remember, we were lying on the grass, me still holding on to his back.

"Are you ok?" I asked in worry, knowing that
he's the one probably in pain since I fell over him.

"Ahh, hmmm, yeah I guess I am," he mumbles and groans and I quickly remove myself, rolling to the side.

Now I have a better view of him. His face is one with the green, soft grass and I can't help but leave a small chuckle due to his facial expression.

"What's so funny? My head hurts!" he snarls only to make me laugh harder.

"Well, you should pay attention to the road and stop stealing stares from me, little tiger." I tease him between my giggles and a smile forms on his lips.

"Alright Mandukie, it's still not a reason to laugh over your boyfriend is it?" he says playfully and for the next minute, we look at each other, both serious, still lying on the ground.

Being hard to keep a straight face, I leave a small whicker which draws Taehyung's attention, and not able to keep himself from laughing either, he bursts into laughter.

We're both wheezing, without a specific reason. There is no reason. We're just enjoying the moment, this moment of playfulness and childishness.

Students pass us by, every now and then, some of them staring at us as if we were maniacs, others gossiping, while others just completely ignoring us.

Two girls specifically, stood around five meters away from us, intensely looking while whispering.

Seconds later, after our little upburst, I notice them and just smile ironically at them, catching them both in 4k.

I was not pissed.

You could say that I'm familiar with these kinds of situations. People always gonna comment on anything you do, so why give a damn? They can go on however long they want.