Chapter 19: A New Friend

What does she mean again by that?

This feeling of concern and anxiety overruns my body and I get chills.
The only thought that comes to my mind is to run. Run away from everyone and everything. Go to a place without people, without anyone who can betray me or hurt me ever again. A sweet place, with peace and quiet, without fake and malicious people, without lies. This place exists only in fairytales and my life, is anything but a fairytale. You could say it is more like a nightmare. A nightmare which every single night, before I go to sleep, I wish will finally end and when I wake up the other day everything will get back to normal and I will finally have the life that I deserve. But that never happens and everyday is a maze. Everyday one piece of me dies and I feel like I'm sunk in the sea with no one to pull me out.

After this little breakdown I decide to get myself back together and ignore what she just said. I help Lisa wash her face and guide her to take deep breaths. We go back downstairs, her mother is nowhere to be seen ; she probably left. We grab our bags and walk out of the house. Lisa is still sobbing and I tell her to calm down by getting some fresh air. The beautiful scent of the roses soothes a bit of the unbearable pain in my chest and I enjoy the warm sunshine and the way the water coming out from the fountain shines under the hot sun.
We meet the driver outside and he offers us a ride. I spend the most of it looking outside the window, counting trees as they pass me by to distract my mind from any other thought. I notice that they're not many houses in the area, as we're approaching. Lisa's
neighbourhood is quite peaceful and isolated you could say. Rich people often choose their houses to be in an area like this so they can avoid crowded places, distracful noise and people in general.

As we arrive at school, my blood pressure rises and I know what to expect. I take a look for once again at the tall building and take a moment to observe the groups of students chatting, laughing and walking around in their uniforms.
Lisa seems to be much better, her eyes are still red though, and her beautiful smile is missing from her lips. I feel bad for her but then I remember that something's all wrong with her. We get out of the car, I thank the driver and he waves at me, wishing us a nice day. I'm more than sure that this day won't be nice at all. We go through the crowdy hallway and Lisa finds the girls and informs me she will hang out with them and I just nod and wave at the girls.
I go to my locker to take some books that I need and hear footsteps from behind me, and a heavy breath on my neck. I shut the door and turn around.

"Hey.." Jungkook's voice is croaky and dry. I take a look at his face. It is bad ; the bruises are now even worse, his eyes are puffy and swollen and his lips scratched and have a shade of purple. It hurts me to see him like this, but what can I do?

"Hi.." For some reason I need to touch his face, I know his in pain, but I feel the need to caress his beautiful soft cheeks which are now covered by bruises. I touch them slightly and softly, making sure I won't hurt him and he first flinches but then closes his eyes, feeling satisfied from my soft touch.

"I am sorry." his voice comes out as a whisper but I'm close enough to hear it anyway.
I don't know what to answer. He is so vulnerable and his eyes still have this sparkle even though they're swollen.
I smile in response but still have this coldness and I try not to be much sweet with him because he has to understand that I'm still mad at him about yesterday and that he and Taehyung should never fight ever again.
I take my hands from his cheeks and cross my arms on my chest.

"It's not only your fault but you and Taehyung should understand that fighting is not ok. You are friends anyway, why being so aggressive and fighting each other over a girl you just met?" I take this opportunity to ask what has been bothering me all this time.
No response. Of course. After a few moments of silence and Jungkook staring at nothing, he finally speaks.