Chapter 9: Lie

I decided to lie. I had to.

"Um... I can't go on Friday. My father is coming back so you know... we'll have dinner with my parents." I lie and  immediately regret it but I had no choice.

"Ok then Saturday?" fortunately he believed me even thought I'm a bad liar.

"Sure, Saturday it is." I say and I smile and he smiles back giving me goosebumps. He turns his head around and opens the door and as he wasn't looking I took a deep breath and rubbed my forehead for a bit.

"Holy shit class!!! We'll get punished!!" I started panicking and I was really anxious right now.

"Hey wait. We have literature now so I'll find an excuse for us both.
Don't worry." he says and I shake my head in confusion. I'm still worried.

We reached for the class, knocked and walked in.

"Well well well. Look who decided to appear in class. It's a huge honour." Mrs. Park sneers and has her arms crossed on her chest.

"We were both in the library. We were searching for some books to finish our project. It just took 10 minutes more to find them. It won't happen again." Taehyung says and my jaw drops but I'm trying to make it less obvious and I just nod as if he says the truth.

"Ok if it was for homework. I won't punish you but you should better get more organized and don't leave everything for the last minute. Now take your seats and don't be late again in my class." she barks at us but surprisingly it worked. We didn't get punished.
Taehyung walks to his seat and while I follow him he suddenly turns his head and winks at me before he sits down.
My heart skipped again and I just smiled.
Class soon finished.
I was picking up my things when a notebook fell on the ground and I reached for it but Taehyung picked it up first and placed it on my desk.

"Are you ever gonna stop being so clumsy?" he teases me and I chuckle.

"I guess not." I giggle and he smiles and waits for me until I finish with packing.

"Why did you wait for me?" I ask him as we walk outside the classroom.

"Let's just have lunch together." he suggests and we go to the cafeteria and take a seat.

"Let me buy you lunch. What do you want to eat?" he stands up.

"You don't have to buy me lunch." I reply and he smirks.

"Come on no big deal." he insists.

"So that's how you going to attract me? By buying me lunch and taking me on a date again for food?" I raise my left eyebrow and he smiled at my cute expression.

"Oh come on. I'm just trying to be nice. Ok?" he defends himself.

"Whatever. But you're not buying me lunch." I say and stand up. I go and buy myself a sandwich and he buys the same.

"Are you copying me?" I raise my left eyebrow again and he chuckles.
How much I love his laugh.

"Can you stop blaming me? I just like sandwiches too! It's not a crime." he raises his shoulders and I chuckle.

"I love your smile." he suddenly says and I stop and my eyes meet his.
I blush and look away.
We sit down and eat peacefully.
I'm surprised that Lisa or Jungkook didn't appear at all. Where are they?
The bell soon rang, I grabbed my bag and said goodbye to Tae and quickly went to my next class.
When class finished I found Lisa sitting on the bench outside the bathroom.
She was covering her eyes with her hands . Is she crying?
I quickly ran to her and sat beside her.

"Hey what happened? Are you crying?" I ask her and when she heard my voice she quickly wiped her tears away and smiled at me but I knew it was fake.