Chapter 14: Divorce

What the hell is dad doing here?

I leave a sigh and take a deep breath before I knock the door. Hopefully my mother opens the door and I greet her as I walk in. My eyes immediately caught dad sitting on a chair next to the table. I also notice some papers on the table. So they're signing the papers for the ... divorce? I never thought that after all these years this would happen. So this is the end? Just like that? By signing a damn paper all of the memories and all of the times we spent together are getting burnt?
I try to hold my tears in. I didn't say anything. I was still mad with my dad.
How could he?Why did he destroy everything?
My father looks up at me and smiles but I glare at him full of hate and disgust. My mother notices and clears her throat.

"So honey, now that you're here... we've discussed with your father and decided that the best thing to do is take divorce so we have already signed the assignments. We also decided that it is best if we just stay here sweetie. Your dad agrees with letting us keep the house." mum says and I laugh sarcastically.

"You agreed with this? Really? Oh I thought you had pride but turns out you don't. I'm not going to stay here. I don't want to have anything to do with him and staying in his house is already too much. I don't want to be under his control." I snap and cross my hands against my chest annoyed. I give him an angry glare and my mum sighs while my father lowers his head.
Yeah he better feel bad. Because he fucked up. For real this time.
I don't feel any pity for him at all.

"Honey please... don't be like that. You know your father and I had many problems. After all, he's your father and he loves you no matter what. He's not a stranger. Besides we don't have wherelse to stay. Please be logical." she walks towards me, opening her arms to hug me but I pull off.

"Ok, first of all he's not my father anymore. Yes he's a stranger to me. Second, we can move to grandma and third are you kidding me? You're defending him? For why? He cheated on you, he hurt you and you're defending him? I can't believe it. You should have already kicked his ass for being an asshole and started packing." I start yelling and her jaw drops.

"Jennie you don't get to talk to your father like that! He is your father, you should show him some respect." my mum is now furious with my behaviour and wags her finger at me and I laugh again sarcastically.

"Respect? Why showing respect to a man who doesn't even know what this word means? Did he show you respect when he went on and cheated on you with that bitch? Did he show you respect when he left the house over a month just to get rid of us and be free to fuck with her? You are so pathetic for still being on his side. So I guess that's why he cheated on you." I shout and I'm really really furious right now and I can't control my anger anymore.
She then raises her hand and ...

Slap

I cover my cheek in disbelief. Did she just slap me? Tears are now rolling down my cheeks and I look at her disgusted while she's crying too. My father just sits there doing nothing, when he suddenly stands up.

"Hey hey let's please all calm down, Nini please-" he leans closer to me and I walk away.

"Don't even dare to touch me. I'm disgusted. From both of you. I hate you. I HATE YOU BOTH!" I run quickly upstairs to my room more hurt and angry than ever. I grab a bag and put some clothes in it. I'm not thinking straight right now, the only thing I want is to get out of this place and away from them. When I finish with packing, I grab my phone. I text Lisa and begged her to come and pick me up and take me to her house. I was desperate. I had to, she is the only one that I have now. She immediately answers me and tells me she'll be there in 10 minutes. She didn't ask anything since she probably thought that I wasn't in a place to talk right now. I grabbed my bag and make sure I put everything I needed in and then went downstairs again.