Chapter 26: Date No. 1

I start searching for outfits like a maniac.
I turn all the clothes upside down, desperately trying to find an appropriate and stunning outfit, but with no result. I sigh and run a hand through my hair.
Then an idea popped in my head.
Among all of those dresses and skirts Lisa bought me that day when we went shopping, there is one dress which I actually adored from the first time I laid my eyes on it.
It's a black, off shoulder, kneel-length dress, clingy and beautifully flattering my body features.

I search for it and successfully find it.
I hold in my hands the beautiful, black clothing and smile.
I quickly change into it and take a look at the full-length mirror.

"Stunning." I comment, feeling satisfied with what I'm seeing.

I go and pick my black high heels and wear them. Hopefully, I can walk on them without losing balance.
Now the make-up.
It's been long since the last time I've made my make-up for a night out.
I don't quite wear any since I don't need it. Only lipstick and plumber. And sometimes mascara.

I make my way to the bathroom and reach for my make-up bag. First of all I wash my face and clean it with my facial cleanser. After washing my face, I pick a moisturizer to make a smooth make-up base and then apply colour corrector, concealer and foundation. I finish with highlighter.
Now the eyes. I apply a pink eye shadow, black eyeliner and finish with mascara. And finally, the lips. I apply a lipstick, peach shade, just like my eyes shadow, and I'm done.

I decide to brush my hair in a low ponytail and just straighten it a bit.
I wear a pair of pearl earrings and pearl necklace. After finishing, I take a picture and send it to Lisa. She replies within seconds.

Lisa: Omg girl you're gorgeous!!!! Jk is so going to drool when he sees you ❤

I bursted into laughter when I read the message. Though it feels kinda awkward knowing that he is probably her ex. I sigh and try not to overthink about this way too much. But I can't help it. My suspicions grew even more after Jungkook came along with Lisa, with her car, to pick us up. And after me and Taehyung left to talk, what did they do, alone in the room ?

No no no not this shit. I can't be suspicious for the rest of my life. I have to trust them. But why trust them if they're not even being honest with me ? I know Lisa is hiding something and I want so bad to find out the truth.

The phone ringtone interrupts my thoughts and makes me slightly jump up. I pick it up and see Jungkook's name on the screen.

"Hey." I answer with a smile on my face, almost forgetting my previous overthinking.

"Hello princess. You're ready ?" Jungkook's voice echoes through the phone and I check the clock on the wall. Man, it's 8:15 already.

"Um yes, you can come and pick me up." I reply and grab my purse from the closet.

"Alright, I'm coming to pick you up in ten minutes. See you soon." Jungkook says from the other line.

"Alright. See you in ten minutes." I say and hang up.

I check everything, if any device is plugged-in. I take my lipstick and mascara, just in case I need them, and my phone, and put them in the purse.

I walk downstairs and into mum's room. She's sleeping so I leave a peck on her cheek and walk out of the room, closing the door, quietly, behind me.
I sit on the couch for the next five minutes, trying to prepare myself mentally, feeling both anxious and excited at the same time. The doorbell rings and I stretch up automatically.
I open the door and see him.
He's wearing a black costume and a black bow-tie. His hair, straight and glowing, covering his forehead, his smile bright and warm, his medal earrings shining, his beautiful, brown eyes looking in mine and then travelling on my body.