Chapter 24: Survivor

My heart races and anxiety overruns my body.
Jungkook and Taehyung are still looking at each other but surpisingly Taehyung turns around and looks back at me.
He doesn't look angry nor frustarted.
He looks... disappointed?

"Let's go outside and I'll explain it all to you." I walk towards him and grab his hand and he just nods and follows me without giving a single look at Jungkook nor Lisa.
I close the door behind me and still holding his hand, I walk through the hallway, pulling him with me and after a few seconds I release his hand.

"I'm really sorry for not texting you or calling you at all. Just so many things happened. My mother committed suicide after I left the house over an argument we've had and when I got here in the hospital with her, my father appeared and I was devastated. Plus, I didn't want you to come while Jungkook was here because I thought it would cause drama. I am sorry." I apologise and he's looking at me motionlessly.
He doesn't talk. No reaction at all. He crosses his arms against his chest and turns his head on the left and then looks back at me. He takes a deep breath before he speaks.

"It's ok Jennie. You don't have to apologise. I understand. I hope your mother recovers soon and I'm sorry you're going through all this." he tells me with a dry and deep voice, with no emotion at all. His coldness feels like sharp ice stubbing my chest. He turns around and starts walking away.
I furrow my eyebrows, confused and I run after him.

"Where are you going?" I ask with an unstable voice, fragile as I am and he ignores me.
I reach for his hand and grab it. He stops and turns to me with his jaw clenched and his eyes looking at me clinically.

"I'm leaving." he replies dryly and dispassionately, acting like he just met me and we're complete strangers.

"Why? What did I do again? Can you stop with this attitude? Say what you have to say." I fire back at him and my grasp becomes tighter.
Yes, I am mad. I'm done with having to read people's minds, to hypothesize their emotions and thoughts, to excuse them for their behaviour. I'm done. If anyone has to say something he should better say it directly. I'm not going to chase anyone.

"You didn't do anything. I'm leaving because you don't need me anymore. You've got Jungkook now. You didn't bother to inform me but you told him? Alright Jennie. I'm not going to chase after you anymore." he answers calmly with a serious and cold tone.
I really want to bang my head against the wall until it bleeds out. These guys drive me crazy like what the hell?

"Oh my God Taehyung you're pathetic. I met Jungkook here. He was already here alright? He came with his mother for her chemotherapy. We met here accidentally and he wanted to stay with me. Stop acting like you are a five year old kid who's obsessed over his mum and doesn't want to share her with anyone. Jungkook is my friend and I needed him. I want this hell to end, I can't take it anymore with you two!!" I start shouting and teardrops are rolling down my cheeks.

"You think I'm obsessed with you?! You can do whatever the fuck you want and meet with anyone you want.
If you don't like me then fucking say it already!" he now shouts too and I'm surprised they haven't made any complain about this pathetic drama scene yet.

"What makes you think I don't like you? Yes I do like you Taehyung but guess what? I also like Jungkook and that's what drives me insane. Don't you understand that I like you both?" I yell and start pull him from his shirt.
He grabs my hands and pulls me closer to him. Our faces are 5 centimetres apart.

"Then you should better make a decision Jennie. I am not going to wait for you forever." he says looking at me straight in the eye.

"How do you expect me to make a decision when you act like this?" I ask with a raspy and unstable voice and I don't know if I can stand on my feet any longer.