Chapter 25: Therapy

What the hell Jungkook?

I stutter for a while, trying to find the words but I give up and just admit it.
I was going to tell her at home but I guess Jungkook had other plans.

"Me and Jungkook were planning to go on a date tonight, but since you need help and someone to take care of you, it's better if we postpone it." I explain to my mother and she raises her eyebrows. Then, her lips curl into a smile and I furrow my brows to her unpredictable reaction.

"It's ok honey, you can go. It's only going to be for what? Like two hours?
I'll probably be sleeping, so I won't even notice your absence." mum says and my lips part in surprise. Lisa turns around surprised too. Jungkook turns around too for two seconds, smiles at my mum and lays his eyes back on the road.

"We will discuss this at home mum." I say as I pat her hand and take a look outside the window.
We are now in front of our house and Jungkook stops the car.
He takes off his seatbelt and opens the door before he gets out of the car.
He opens the back door for us to get out. Jungkook offers his hand to my mother and she reaches for it, gives him a smile and holds it.
I come out of the car too, after making sure my mum is standing well on her feet by Jungkook's support. I thank him and stretch my arm to wrap it around her shoulders to help but she stops me.

"It's okay. I can walk on my own now." she protests and I nod feeling still worried.

"Thank you Jungkook for the drive and for taking care of Jennie." mum turns around and smiles warmly at Jungkook.

"It's my pleasure mrs. Kim. I wish you soon recovery and I'm very honoured to meet you even under these circumstances." he grins and bows.
Mum waves at Lisa and she waves back at her. She starts walking towards the gate and she was right about being able to walk.

"Thank you for everything once again." I turn to Jungkook and he smiles.

"You are welcome princess. You think you can make it tonight?" he asks, his face bright and his eyes wide and sparkling.

"I don't know. I have to make sure that mum is okay. I will text you later to confirm." I say awkwardly, feeling bad not only for him but also for me. I was waiting for this date to come so things can finally become clear in my mind.

"Alright, I understand, no worries. I'll wait. I hope your mum will recover soon. Talk to you later." he smiles, a sad smile and I smile back too, feeling pity for him.
He gets back in the car.

"Jennie I'll text you later!" Lisa shouts before the car leaves.

I sigh and walk through the gate. Mum is already in the house and she left the door open for me. I walk in and see my mum sitting on the couch, watching TV.

"Are you hungry? Do you want me to cook something for you?" I ask and she turns around to face me.

"It's okay sweetie. I can cook for us. I'm feeling fine. I just overdosed, I didn't have a car accident." mum says with a sarcastic smile on her face.

"Yes but you had a surgery. It would be better if you took some rest. It's fine, I can cook." I cross my arms against my chest and she sighs.

"Alright fine. But don't burn the kitchen." she sneers and I roll my eyes playfully.

I make my way to the kitchen and open the fridge. I tap my finger on my chin, thinking what I can cook with the ingredients in front of me.

"Alright we have carrots, lettuce, chicken, onions, soy sauce, ginseng, eggs, cucumbers and peppers." I say to myself, numbering the available ingredients I have.
I close the fridge door and open the
cupboard to see what else we got.
We have rice, noodles, jujubes and honey.
I decide not to make something spicy.
I'm standing there, staring inside the cupboard like an idiot, when I finally come up with an idea.