Chapter 1: A Brand New Day

Jennie's POV

Thursday 16 April
~6:00 a.m~

I woke up again this morning, I really don't feel like going to school, thank God it's my last year, soon I'll be graduating. I force to open my eyes, I stretch and take a deep breath before standing up from bed. I get to the bathroom, take a shower, brush my teeth, and get prepared. I meet my mother downstairs. I can smell pancakes.

"Good morning honey!" she tells me and I'm just smiling. I can't even open my mouth to say anything. I just want to run upstairs and sink into my comfy, cozy, and warm bed.

She offers me a plate and I bolt down two pancakes already.

"Ooh! Go easy on those pancakes. You're gonna choke!" she warns me but I ignore her and keep eating like a pig.

"You've been eating too much lately. I don't want you to gain weight." she jaws at me.

"Then you should stop making pancakes every day." I fight back, I finish my breakfast, drink a glass of orange juice and place my plate and my glass in the sink and wash them quickly.

I wear my shoes and grab my bag.

"Um, let me wear my jacket and I'll give you a ride." she offers but I decide to walk instead and have some fresh air.

"Oh, nevermind I'll just walk," I tell her and open the door.

"Ok be careful, and take care of yourself!" she shouts but I already closed the door.

For some reason, I don't feel like talking to anybody. I finally arrive at school and I just keep walking, trying to ignore everyone and everything. It's not like I have friends or something. I don't actually have any friends. I keep walking down the hall, staring at the floor, just waiting for the bell to ring already. Not being careful I bump into someone.

"Holy shit! Be careful where you're going girl." the girl who I bumped into says and tries to balance. I apologize and walk away.

"Hey wait! You're Jennie right ?" the girl runs after me and I turn my head to look at her.

"Err... yes and you are-" I'm trying to figure out who she is, I'm sure I know her but I'm such a crackhead I can't remember.

"Lisa. We are classmates in chemistry, remember? " she reminds me and my face brightens.

"Ohhh right, yes... I'm sorry for not remembering you. Anyways sorry for bashing into you earlier. Umm... see you in chemistry today, I guess." I say awkwardly trying to avoid her because I really don't wanna talk to anyone.

"Sure, see you there. And also watch your steps," she says and smiles and I just give her a fake smile and walk away.

The bell rings finally and I get to class. I'm sitting on my own as usual, ignoring everyone except from my teacher. At least I pay attention to class.

My classmates keep doing some weird shit, some of them are just texting or scrolling on Instagram, some girls are just giggling and probably talking about boys or something and I just sit there pretending none of these are actually happening.
I used to get pissed off but now I'm used to it.

We finish class and I'm hungry again. I buy a sandwich and juice and I just sit down on a table all by myself.
I just keep staring at my plate.

"Oh hi!" I hear a girl's voice behind me. Really? Can I have some peace for a while?
I look up and I see this girl again, um, Lisa.

"Oh hi!" I just smile and I bet I look like a creep. I hate faking everything I just can't help it. I don't know why I'm acting like this.
She takes a seat next to me.