FIVE: THE TRUE WRATH OF A DRAGON

Sylvia was tired.

She tried talking to Riley, pleading to Riley. And none of it worked. She was tired of seeing that boy, Cameron, have such a strong hold on her daughter. She whole-heartedly believed that Cameron was just like Rodney, just like the men who have hurt her in her past. Afraid that the same thing will happen again. Afraid to see her daughter get hurt again. So, in order for Riley to see her point of view. She decided to do something drastic.

"Sylvia," Carson called warningly as he watched her picked up her phone. "What are you doing?"

It was scary. Carson had never seen it before. Sylvia glanced at him bearing a sadistic smile. "Just getting rid of some trash."

On instinct, he grabbed her hand before she could even dial whoever she was about to call. "Are you crazy?! You're going to get killed!"

"I don't care. Riley needs to see. She needs to see what that boy has done to her. She's become too dependent on him. Too comfortable. Too—"

"She's happy, Sylvia! For the first time in nine years, your daughter is happy with someone who has cared, loved her. And you want to take that away from her?! Are you out of your mind?! Carson protested.

"Like I said, I don't care. I want that boy gone."

"You call him, I'm taking the team and leaving," he threatened.

"I'm your commander! You do as I say! You swore an oath!" she yelled.

"Consider that oath broken. Because I'm not going to sit here and watch you destroy the girl's one light of hope. This isn't the way to make her listen. You didn't listen to her. So, what makes you think she'll listen to you to if you force her too. You don't know what you're dealing with, Sylvia."

"And you do?"

Carson chuckled. "Of course, I do. Your daughter is the most decorated CIA agent/Assassin in the United States. Not to mention, the most skilled female agent in the world."

"That's all bluff and no action."

"It's either him or the team. Your choice."

"Don't make me choose Carson."

Carson went towards the door. "I hope realize the hell you're about to bring upon yourself. Don't expect to save you or cover for you anymore when Riley figures out that you sent a bounty hunter after Cameron."

And several hours later into the night, Sylvia went through with her decision. The man she hired was already near their new location—his former target being Riley.

"Don't worry, doll. I'll have his body right at your doorstep by tomorrow night." He said to her over the phone.

***

Like usual, Riley and Cameron were at the Buckingham palace. This time, with a different motive. Whilst keeping an eye on the Queen's children, they place some focus on her as well. Cameron had his men all over the palace, even the basement where she was most of the time.

Riley felt her phone vibrating in her blazer pocket. When she pulled it out, she saw an unknown number on the screen. Curious as to who it is, she answered.

"Hello?"

"Riley, it's me, Agent Carson," his voice ran across the speaker.

She wasn't surprised. "What is it, Carson?"

"Are you getting off work early today?"

Her brows furrowed. "I am. Why?"

"Can you meet me at Nando's? There's something I need to tell you, but I prefer to tell you?"