FIFTEEN: SAVING A DECAYED HEART

There was a time that Cameron saw Riley's lowest point. A few times, but this. This was different. The media became a trigger to her trauma. The names she was called weren't but the idea that the queen stooped that low to attempt emotional destruction was enough to bring her back into the hell she had been fighting for the last few months. None of her episodes were this bad to the point where she was placed in a panic room within the hospital wearing a stray jacket so that she doesn't hurt herself.

However, Alyssa was another one. She had awakened with a dead look in her eyes. All the life she had in them was sucked out and drained from her. The poor girl couldn't sleep in the middle of the night due to what happened to her. It caused nightmares. Whilst Riley was in the panic room, Alyssa was in a new shell of herself-a dead one. She stared at the white walls that surrounded her, then down at her legs, then at her arms. She had taken the fact that she was in a hospital into consideration.

Ever so fuzzy, the memories were there- present, and ready to play whenever them to. She had left her thoughts when she heard the door open. Turning to it, she saw a woman in a white coat come in wearing a warm smile with Cameron following behind her.

"Hello, your majesty," the woman greeted. "I'll be taking care of you today."

All Alyssa could do was nod.

"How are you feeling?" Cameron asked her, taking caution as his hand grazed hers.

She immediately retracted her hand, breathing picking up. "Don't touch me!"

One graze sent her over the edge. Considering that he had been in this situation before, he stepped back. "My apologies, your majesty."

"Sir, I think you should go. I'll handle things here." The doctor told him.

He nodded. "Alright."

Without question, he distanced himself from Alyssa and gave her a small smile before he left. As he left, Alyssa couldn't help but guilty seeing that he was trying to help. However, his sudden switch threw her off. Usually when he was addressing her formally, it was mostly around her mother. But it felt different. Because he knew what her current state was. He knew that the slightest touch reminded her of what happened to her. So, distancing himself from her was the best solution to help her get better.

"Breathe, your majesty," the doctor instructed. "Follow me."

Alyssa watched whilst doing as the doctor said. As her breathing began to return to normal, the doctor gave her a warm smile. Whilst the doctor worked, all Alyssa could think about was how she reacted with Cameron around her. She was feeling guilty because he was trying to help, but even as small as a gentle graze set her off. All she could see was him, the guy who touched her the night she and her friends went to the High-Hat club.

"Thank you," she told the doctor in a whisper.

"Of course, your highness. If there's anything you need, just press the plus button, okay?" the doctor smiled.

"W-what's your name?" Alyssa asked.

"Dr. Groves." The doctor answered.

Dr. Groves, that was a name Alyssa was going to remember for a long time. She then gave Dr. Groves a small smile. With glassy, tear-filled eyes, she thanked Dr. Groves once again. Groves then, with caution, brought Alyssa into her embrace. Alyssa hugged her tightly, releasing some of the emotion she had bottled the minute that she and Cameron came in.

"Get some rest, alright?" the doctor told her, letting go.

Alyssa nodded as she lied down.

***

To say that Riley was a mess would be an understatement. Sitting in a patted room, wearing a stray jacket to prevent her from hurting herself, she had lost it. The woman was more than angry. She was looking for blood. Not only looking for blood, but everything she had been trying to keep at bay came loose. This episode was different. Worst than any of the ones she has had in the last few months since she moved in with Cameron. Cameron entered the room knowing that at any moment she could strike.

He then stepped closer to her. "Riley?" he called out, hoping that she wasn't still going through the episode.

Her eyes found his. Filled with animosity and pure rage. Without a word, he knew what she was trying to say. He stepped back, allowing her to relax a little although was still in the air. It was thick, hard to breathe, and suffocating. The look in her eyes had purpose. "End her."

Was all she said, making him look at her confused. "What do you mean?"

"Bury her alive before I make a showerhead out of her."

A/N:

My apologies that this chapter is so short. I struggled so much writing this chapter just to set everything up the way I wanted to. The perfectionist in me is screaming. However, there's more to come with the characters.

What do you guys think about the pacing of everything? Let me know in the comments.

I hope you guys enjoy.

(Hint: a lot of tea is coming and its scolding hot)