TWENTY-THREE: GUNS N ROSES PART 2

TWO-THREE: GUNS N ROSES PART 2

SCREAMS and gunshots.

"Girls, stay here," William said.

Instead of listening, Riley pulled her phone out. Tito then looked at her confused.

"Riley, what are you doing?" he asked her.

She ignored him, finally hearing a ring on the other line. Not long after, the dialing ring stopped.

"Ma'am, you called?" a voice answered.

"Engage code blue," she said, calmly. "We've got a shooting."

Riley then hung up and looked at Cameron with a knowing smile. "Ready to show them?"

"Always, love," Cameron told her. "Let's go."

Riley and Cameron grabbed their masks and left with the others following behind. They arrived downstairs to see some guards trying to defend the family that were hiding.

"Riley, what are you doing? You're not fit for battle!" William whispered. "Get your mother and grandmother to safety. Cameron, Tito, and I will handle this."

"Watch me," was all she said to him.

"Tito, get to your wife. I'll cover you," Cameron told him as he tossed a gun over to Riley. "You know what to do, red."

With swift, but smooth action, Tito managed to get to his wife, Sandra unscathed. William got his wife to safety before he went to lead his men in defense. However, he was shocked to see his granddaughter and Cameron work. They moved like water and air. Then again, it wasn't just that. He began to notice that gunshots were starting to die down. It was then that he realized Riley requested for back up. Not only that, he, Clarise, and Tobias witnessed Riley kill a man with ease-with her bare hands.

"William take your family to your other entrance. There will be black vans outside waiting for you," Cameron said to him as they stood close by to each other.

"No! This is my battle not yours!" he said stubbornly.

Cameron rolled his eyes at William's stubbornness. Then he did something everyone would least expect. He used the handle of his gun and hit William on the back of his head, knocking him out. "Get the Jones family out of here. Now." He told one of the guards.

Without questioning him, the guard took a team and helped get the family to safety.

***

Two hours had gone since the sudden shooting ended. Riley and Cameron met with Tito at their new location-the dragon safehouse. When they got there, William's men were getting treated. The family members themselves were all in the hall area sitting and waiting for the status of William's condition.

As soon as they entered the hall, Cameron felt a sharp pain against his right cheek. Unaffected, he turned only to see an angry Clarise, William's wife standing in front of him.

"How dare you?" she sneered. "How dare you embarrass William? How dare you bring humiliation upon this family? And you-" she looked at Riley, disgusted. "How dare you bring this vermin to our annual family reunion party. You're a disgrace to this family and so is your sorry excuse of a mother."

Riley only chuckled. "It's not like neither of us were apart of this family to begin with. You were about to give your own daughter up to two registered sex offenders. Besides, we saved your life. If it weren't for us, your men would've been struggling. Some of them would've died tonight. But guess what, each and every person in this room is alive. Lastly, watch how you speak to me. You're in dragon territory, grandma."

BEHIND THE MASK- BOOK IIOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara