TWENTY- FIVE: REDEMPTION

TWENTY-FIVE: REDEMPTION

"Something smells scrumptious," Cameron slipped behind Riley, hugging her. "What's on the menu this morning, love?"

She laughed gently. "Egg benedict, bacon, and pancakes."

"Sounds scrumptious. Not better than you though," he whispered in her ear.

She playfully punched his shoulder. "Stop, you're going to make me lose my appetite."

"Keep wearing my shirts, you look scrumptious in them," he hugged her tightly.

"Whatever, Cameron. Now, shoo and let me finish cooking," she told him.

Cameron left her to continue cooking and heading towards to their gym room. When he got here, he was about to start his morning workout, but his phone rang. He picked it up and noticed that Riley's uncle was calling him. He then chuckled and picked up the call.

"How can I help you, Mr. Jones?" Cameron mused.

"The Gomez gang knows you're on to them," he revealed.

Hearing his words, Cameron didn't care. "So? Everyone in New York knows I'm always watching. What are you calling me for, Mr. Jones?"

On the other line, Tito scoffed. "It's because of you, they've been coming at us since you left! They know that my father is out of the picture right now and are taking that chance to torment our family, Cameron! You need to fix this."

Cameron only laughed. "So, what I'm hearing is, I'm the reason for the Gomez gang causing your family constant pain and suffering. It's quite fitting since none of you cared to do anything to save Sylvia. However, I'm sure you can deal with that small issue by yourself."

"You're evil. You know that?" Tito told him.

"I've heard it a few times," Cameron said playfully.

"Gomez won't stop until he sees you, Cameron. You need to fix this. My family deserves peace!"

All Cameron was laugh. But there was humorous intent within it. It was a dark laugh—threatening almost. Then he fell silent hearing Tito call his name.

"Cameron? Are you there? Ca—"

"What your family deserves is a nice hot pot serving hell, Tito." With that, Cameron hung up and went on to dial his right-hand man, Krushiv.

"You called, sir?" he answered.

"Get Gomez on video call. I'd like to have a word with him."

"On it, sir."

Then he began his morning workout. As soon as he started, he turned on the tv waiting to be patched through to Gomez. It wasn't long before he finally got patched to Gomez.

"Finally, I finally get to see the little everyone seems to be afraid of." Gomez mused. "You're not very appealing. To think, I'd be stopped by a child."

Cameron gave a sly smile. "You shouldn't judge a book by its cover, Gomez."

"But that's what you're suppose when you find a new book to read. Beside, children shouldn't be running businesses or mafias. They should stay in a child's place, go to school and listen to their parents."

Cameron knew he was saying that just to get under his skin. So, he only smiled and chuckled lightly as he set his dumbbells down. "I'm only saying this once, Gomez. I am not the person you think I am. Secondly, leave the Jones family to me. They're mine to give hell."

BEHIND THE MASK- BOOK IIOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara