FOURTEEN: TO PIMP A BUTTERFLY

FOUTEEN: TO PIMP A BUTTERFLY

News traveled quickly.

It wasn't surprising considering how the UK press lived for gossip. They also prey on the failures of anyone with a following. And to think that the victim of this would be their beloved princess. It overshowed her mother's true intentions for the nation, but not too much. The rumor of her darkest secret was still swirling along with the princess' story. However, even with that, the people weren't convinced. So, Cameron and Riley were determined to convince everyone, and the Queen was determined to see her plans play through to the fullest.

Riley stood up after comforting Alex. She gave her shoulder a light squeeze. "I'll get her back, don't worry."

When she headed downstairs, there was one thing she had to do before she left. There she saw Harrison and Martha standing by the stairs waiting. Riley's face stayed blank, but her eyes said something different.

"Were you able to get anything?" Harrison asked drily, still upset about Riley's sudden appearance.

"I was."

"Care to tell us?" he asked.

"That information is classified. More importantly, you need to focus on your safety."

"What do you mean?" Martha asked.

"The people those girls met with that night, are gang members. In fact, one of the biggest gangs here. It's bad enough that those girls met with them. Now that Alex and Erica have successfully escaped, the gang is bound to come look for them. So, I'm going to need you to keep a low profile until I'm done. I'm also sending extra security for you."

Harrison let out a laugh of disbelief. "Oh, please. Not a single lowlife, criminal would dare step on this property. There are royal guards everywhere around here."

Riley chuckled. "You can keep thinking that sir Duke. For now, I'll increase your security. For now, you're going to have to cooperate with me whether you like it or not."

"I can't. I have royal duties to tend to," Harrison explained annoyed.

Riley stepped up to him, glaring right into his eyes. "Listen, with all due respect your majesty. This is for the sake of your daughter who is currently a target for one of the largest gangs in the United Kingdom. This is more important than paperwork. So, if you want her to stay alive, allow me to do my job."

With that, she left them in silence.

***

Meanwhile, Alyssa had finally regained consciousness. Head pounding, legs weak, she awoke to the sun's bright beaming light. She look around, half-awake, trying to register to the place. When she finally did, her heart sank. She wasn't in her room. And she was alone.

"So, nice of you to join us, princess," a man walked into the room wearing a smirk on his lips. "How are you feeling? Hmm?"

She couldn't speak, ultimately recognizing him as the guy she was with at the High-Hat last night. Her stomach churned. Rubbing her head, she couldn't look him in the eye due to the shame and embarrassment she was feeling. "Where am I?"

"You're in Essex, doll," he answered, holding his hand out for her to take. "Come on, let's get you—"

"Who are you? Why am I here?" she asked, moving away from him. "What do you want with me?"

The man clicked his tongue and gave her a smile. "My name is Rico. Relax, I won't hurt you. I promise."

The minute his hand grazed her skin, her memories from the night they shared returned. She took a look at his arm and noticed it. The snake tattoo. Specifically in the color black. She was horrified and she tried her best not to show it as he came closer to her.