EIGHTEEN: THE END OF A ROYAL

EIGHTEEN:THE END OF A ROYAL

THE world never seemed so dark until now. Alyssa hasn't changed since she was admitted in the hospital. Everything seemed so lifeless now. The trees, the air, the flowers. Nothing is the same anymore. Alyssa saw everything in new light. She began to realize no one could be trusted. Everyone had their motives for the relationship they forge. She realized that even the sweetest, most kind people were evil. The woman she saw as her mother was nothing more than a greedy, vermin walking on the Earth. Every person in that palace saw her as an object and nothing more.

She could barely sleep now knowing what she knew. Barely speak, now knowing how it felt to be in the shoes of a woman who was raped. However, she still had luxury. Because no woman could get help as fast as she did. Yet, the person who hurt her was still walking freely in a different location. The person who hurt Riley was finally sent to jail. But, what about the other women who are afraid to reveal this? What about their voices? Why were they so quick to be silenced?

Because no one would believe them.

Because of this, Alyssa felt even more guilt than before. She felt that all of the women who had experienced this didn't get the treatment she did with Cameron. Because she's the princess. Because she has a platform.

Just then, Cameron walked in with a small smile set across his lips. It dropped immediately when he noticed her solemn expression. "You alright?"

"I could be better, but I'm not. Not after what happened." She told him. "I should've known not to go with him. I should've rejected his offer while I had the chance. I should've—"

Cameron sighed, sitting on the couch near her bed. As he sat, he noticed her hands. They were paler than before. Deep cuts placed on them. His heart sank a bit knowing what's going on with her. Instead of asking her about them, he decided against it and comforted her. "I would say everything get better, but I know that's not what you need to hear. However, you were in a situation couldn't control."

"But I—"

"Alyssa, none of it is your fault, okay?" Cameron told her.

"I should've told him no," she held her head low in shame.

"Some boys don't know what that word means, Alyssa."

Alyssa looked at him. "I went to that party with Alex and Emma, we willingly accepted their offer. We did this to ourselves."

"The three of you were drunk and drugged. The three of you were taken advantage of. And for that, I'll make sure that all of you have the justice you deserve. For now, I need you to focus on yourself, and try to get better...mentally."

She sighed. "You don't understand. How can I go back to the old me? Who would want me? No man would want trash like me."

"One man's trash is another's treasure."

***

"How is she?" Riley asked as she was packing her things.

Cameron sighed. "No progress was made. It's gotten worse."

Riley nodded, understanding her situation. "That figures. Getting better mentally is easier said than done."

"That's true. However, as for the situation with Miranda, the British Intelligence is coming by the headquarters to pick up." He told her. "So, I'm heading over there now."

Riley nodded. "I heard from James that she sent a statement over to the royal press announcing her departure from the throne."

Cameron chuckled. "Well, she doesn't have a choice. Her secrets are out and she's a fugitive now. I doubt England will ever trust her again to run the country. After all, she tried to kill everyone starting a war with the rest of Europe."