ELEVEN: HEARTBREAK BRIDGE

ELVEN: HEARTBREAK BRIDGE

After what happened in the last twenty-four hours, Sylvia kept the document, but she didn't sign it. She didn't want to sign it knowing it would mean that she would have to let go of everything. She didn't want to let go of everything because she still loved him. The soul within her shrunk to the size of a pea-the divorce hitting her as hard as a brick would. It felt as if the divorce papers sucked the air from her lungs for a second.

To prevent herself from being seen from anyone, she pulled her hood over her head. With her head hung low, she moved through the airport smoothly. Once she got her luggage, she went outside. Carrying her luggage, she caught the first taxi she saw.

"Where to?" the driver asked her.

She then told the location she was heading to and he began driving. As the traffic blurred beside her, the airport shrunk, she stared out the window with a lot on her mind holding a lot of weight on her shoulders. She didn't want to log onto her social media accounts knowing the amount of hate she was bound to see under her comments. Nothing was done yet, she hadn't spoken out against the rumors yet, but she had to convince him. She had to convince Matt. She didn't want to be treated that way again.

So, she sent him everything she had, more to what Eli had received. Her story in detail. Then she finally went on her phone and gave the world her statement.

***

She arrived at her apartment soon after paying the driver after taking her luggage out of the trunk. She gave him a small smile bidding him a farewell and entered her apartment. Locking the door behind her, she set her luggage aside and placed the divorce papers on the coffee table before she plopped down her couch with a sad smile written on her face.

Now, I understand. She thought.

Her phone then rang, pulling her away from her thoughts.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Why did you post that?" she didn't expect to hear from him again so soon. "Now, the Spanish prime minister is going to come after you."

"Let him. And I just wanted to make sure your fans know and that you heard me. Besides, I deserve this anyway."

Matt sighed. "Knowing you, you wouldn't be taking reparations like this so easily. So, what's gotten into to you?"

Tears pooled within her eyes. "For once, I realized how much I've hurt my own family. I've been told more than once that everything that's happened in the last six months is because it'll started with me wanting to see the good in a person that everyone avoided. The moment I realized that there was nothing good about him, I ran. I ran because I was afraid to lose you to both, but I still ended up losing you and Riley. That's the reason I posted my statement. I wanted to say that I'm sorry to both of you and I'm sorry for ruining your image."

"Sylvie..." he called her softly.

"I don't want to sign them, Matt," her voice cracked filled with emotions. "Please don't make me sign them."

"Then prove me wrong. Show me that I can trust you again. Because you already know that I don't forgive very easily. Give me a reason to wear my heart on a sleeve again."

***

Meanwhile in London, Riley had come back to their place after a long day of rejuvenation and self-care. She set her things down on the coffee table in the living room before she headed to the kitchen. Feeling appreciative, she decided to cook for Cameron knowing how tiring it is to deal with both Alyssa and Charlie at the same time. So, she prepared the ingredients for what she was making and started cooking.