SIXTEEN: ROYAL DOWNFALL

LA TIMES released the article.

Like usual, other news company had caught on. And everything spread like a wildfire. It was only a matter of time before BBC finally caught on as well. The rain was drizzling. Soon, the showers will come. Cameron had finally come out of the panic room that Riley was staying in and went to Alyssa's room.

There, he saw her sitting up and staring out the window. He carefully took a step closer to her as she sat there silent. "Are you alright?"

She continued to stare at the window. "Does it matter if I am?"

As he moved to the couch by her bed, he noticed something that made his heart sink to his stomach. Dried tears, bags under her eyes, skin slightly pale. He frowned understanding that this was it. The transition into the spiral. She had begun her journey.

"I'm weak. I couldn't even stop myself when he offered me a drink. I couldn't even protect myself. Nor my friends. I'm supposed to be the princess of England. Now, what happened to me is out there for the world to see. My image is ruined."

"I could never understand the life of a royal. However, like your friends, you didn't know what you were getting yourselves into."

"They're calling me derogatory names, Rogue," She explained. "They're saying that I deserved it. That no one is going to believe me because of what I've done in the past."

It's true, Alyssa was known to go out at night and be spotted with random guys. But that was only the surface. They have yet to know the real truth.

"The men they've spotted you with?"

She nodded, her eyes getting glassy and teary. "The reason I went out with them was because of my mom. They all work for her. She made me-" she burst into tears.

Cameron grabbed his handkerchief from his pocket and gave it to her.

"She made me have-I'm sorry I-" she couldn't finish her words, but Cameron understood. And that made him angry.

The girl was forced to be a toy for those men to fulfill their sexual drive. This was her breaking point. Rico. Miranda was using Alyssa as a cover so she could work to keep her power and gain more.

"The men who were they?"

"Christopher, Norris, Kenneth, Ben, Tyler. They are members of the current Cabinet." She managed to answer.

Now this, he wasn't expecting to hear this. So, Miranda was using Alyssa to keep her power intact. She was using Alyssa as a scapegoat to get her out of trouble with the rest of the government officials. Cameron had then realized that this wasn't just about getting Miranda off the throne anymore. This was more than that. This was about getting justice now. Now, Cameron had a reason to do worse.

For the sake of Alyssa's safety, Charlie's safety, he had to destroy this woman. So much so that she won't dare to even walk the streets of England again. That everywhere she would go, she wouldn't be welcomed. That even in the south, she would never go again. Cameron was going to make sure that Miranda saw hell. He was going to make Miranda beg for her death.

***

An hour after he saw Alyssa, he went back to check on Riley. She wasn't wearing the jacket anymore, but she was being transferred to another room. She saw him coming and gave a knowing look.

"There's more to this, isn't there?" she asked him as they walked to her new room.

"Way more than we thought," he sighed.