TWO: OCEANIC DARKNESS

THE NIGHT BEFORE, Riley couldn't sleep. Twisting and turning, and images of her past playing like a video as if she were running through a quick timeline of her life. She was sitting at the edge of their shared bed staring at the ground.

Your worst enemy is yourself. Tame the beast before it takes you. His voice softly echoed.

Cameron joined her and pulled her into his embrace. "Nightmare?"

"Yeah," she leaned into him, feeling safe with him.

"Let me guess. Was it about what happened?"

She nodded then sighed. "I want to get passed it, but my brain is so accustomed to the pain, you know. It's like I can't see past this stupid black wall."

"Keep fighting. Hopefully by then, it'll be easier for you to handle." He gave her a gentle squeeze. "You'll get through this. I know you will."

***

They arrived in Windsor not long after they had breakfast. The palace was surrounded by security. It was for the brothers of course-Prince Andrew and William. Unarmed, Krushiv and the others created a box around Riley and Cameron, moving as a unit. Inside screamed old Victorian vibes. However, that wasn't why they were here. They were met with a large double door opening to reveal the room behind it.

Cameron's security took their position on all four corners. William and Andrew stood with a smile. Cameron made the first move and held his hand out.

"Your highnesses, nice to see you both again."

Andrew gave Cameron a firm shake, both sharing eye contact. "Likewise, Rogue."

William turned his attention to Riley, taking her hand in his. He gently planted a kiss on her hand. "Slash, dear. It's lovely to see you again."

The four of them sat down together and their meeting began.

Cameron sat closer to Riley on instinct, knowing that she'd need him the moment her mind would fray. Being around people she wasn't comfortable with was hard for her. After nearly ten years of suffering, her anxiety had gotten out of hand. Cameron held her hand as a comfort so she wouldn't fidget or give signs that she may be uncomfortable.

But it seems it was too late.

"Don't worry, Slash. We mean no harm," William gave her a warm smile.

She returned his smile with one of her own. "Even with warmest smile, the evil intentions linger. No one is all good nor all bad. It's blurry line that some have fully crossed with no intention of turning back."

"Now, I hear the queen has been quite suspicious lately. Care to explain that?" Cameron asked.

William placed a folder on the table in between them and pushed it toward Cameron. Cameron opened it.

"There have been counts of her going into your territory, the south. We believe that she wants something there. But it's strange. She hasn't gone back in months."

"What does she want with the south?"

"They call it, the wings. It's an opioid. Apparently, a farmer discovered it when he first bought the land down there. That area was a medical garden a few years back. An old Tabaco company used to be the owner of the land before they sold it to upkeep their company. Ever since, the drug has been gaining traction. Some scientists are already trying to create a new medicine which is great, but-"

"But what?" Riley asked.

"The queen got a hold of the formula for the medication. Now, there have been rumors of her creating something else with it. Apparently, a scientist figured out how to change the drug's chemical makeup and create a serum," Cameron continued flip through the folder.