TWENTY-TWO: GUNS N ROSES

TWENTY-TWO: GUNS AND ROSES

A month passed.

Cassidy wasn't pregnant anymore. Casey was healed. However, Clara was nowhere to be found in New York. Like air, she traveled from the space that her family occupied. All this time, the lifestyle she lived at was a lie. The lifestyle she loved was all a lie and her children paid the price for it. Cassidy wasn't the little girl that Casey knew anymore. She was hostile.

"Cassidy, you can't just fight everyone you see," Casey told her.

"What else am I supposed to do? The teachers won't do anything. Besides, they were calling me homewrecker for what happened to me."

"And that gives you a right to give them a black eye, Cassidy?"

"No, but they deserve it. Not my fault the blondies can't fight," she shrugged.

"Cassidy, this has been your fourth fight this week. You need to chill out. I don't want to do something that I'll regret, okay?"

"You sound like mom." She scoffed. "Tell the teachers to actually do something about three blondies that think they run the place, bullying people because of their current circumstances." With that, Cassidy went her room.

Cassidy followed behind her. He was about to step in, but Cassidy slammed the door shut. "Cassidy."

"Leave me alone, Casey," she told him behind the door.

"Why didn't you tell me, you were getting bullied?" he asked. "I could've helped."

"You wouldn't understand."

He then began trying to open the door. "Open the door, Cassidy."

"Leave, Casey."

"Cassidy." He called out.

"Leave me alone, Casey! I don't need your help right now!" she said. "I just need to be alone for a while."

Casey sighed, stepping away from the door. "Alright. Let me know if you need anything, okay?"

"I will."

***

The annual, traditional Jones' family reunion was occurring today. Riley was sitting in the living room of their shared apartment contemplating on whether she should go or not. Her mother had sent her the invite to go. However, it wasn't only about attending. Riley had mixed emotions considering the reactions she may get being there—with both of them being there after the two articles about Ben were released.

Although already wearing a beautiful, figure-hugging, elegant, red dress, she was still skeptical about going to the event. However, this was needed to be done. Her mother's side of the family needed to know what they're really dealing with. The family needed to know what hell she had to go through, the price she had to pay, the toll her body took, the punishment—all of it. They needed to see it for themselves even though she knows that they'll stay blind to it all and not care.

Still contemplating, Cameron walked into the living room noticing her. He approached her and gave her shoulder a light squeeze. "You, okay?"

She sighed. "I'm making the right decision to go, right?"

"Having second thoughts?" he asked.

"Yeah."

"How come? You nervous?"

She nodded. "A little. I'm seeing the rest of my family after nine years. Can you blame me?"

"Not at all, love. It's scary as hell. I haven't seen my family since then. However, this is about you. I want you to settle things and get the closure you need. I'm going to be with you no matter what. If anything happens, I got you, alright?" his Aussie, Brooklyn accent peeked through as he spoke.