NINETEEN: CURSED LAWYERS

THE scent of gasoline exhaust, the sound of car horns being blown ferociously, the long lines of cars sitting completely still just entering the highway. The people walking with a Starbucks cup or any other brand from a local coffee shop, people talking business and kids playing around. There was nothing like it. And that was New York.

The couple had just arrived, their jet landing not even ten minutes ago. Sitting in the plane, Cameron looked out the window seeing the new scenery. Jet-lagged, and exhausted from the previous day, he had sighed contently though. They were just coming off of ruining Miranda's reputation and credibility with the people of England. It was still being reported as breaking news alongside with Ben Ross.

Ben Ross is one of the most powerful lawyers in America. Known for the People v. Jason case. Jason Cane was a dealer, one of the top guys here in New York. He was arrested for selling over two million dollars' worth of cocaine. Ben was the one who prosecuted him. He's known to always win his cases.

However, the weather seemed cloudy which brought some warmth to Riley. She was looking out the window thinking whether she made the right decision to do this. She was having second thoughts in coming here to talk to Sylvia. After all, it was bound to be awkward now since the last time they saw each other. Since then, they had left things on bad terms. If it weren't for Matt asking her to come here to talk to Sylvia, she would have never come at all.

Cameron gently took her hand, noticing her skepticism. "You okay, babe?"

"Did I make the right decision?" she asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Did I make the right decision to do this, talk to my mother after everything back in England? I'm not ready for this. I don't think I'll be able to—"

Cameron gently squeezed her hand in comfort. "It'll be alright. You can do this. Besides, I'll be with you."

"Cameron, the last time we saw each other, I dropped her bounty hunter's dead body in front of her then knocked her out afterwards since she hired him to kill you." She explained. "One look at me, and she'll probably curl up into a ball traumatized. I don't know if seeing her again now would be the best idea."

Cameron raised a brow. "You knocked her out after killing Terrance and dropping his boy in front of her?"

She nodded.

"Jesus, red. When did you become so cruel?" he looked at her little shocked.

"Says the guy who caused a bar brawl in Russia because a drunk guy was looking at me."

He shrugged. "What can I say? I'm very protective of the love of my life. You can't blame me."

"You were jealous, admit it."

"Now, why would I be jealous of a man who couldn't even keep his wife and kids, hmm? Besides, I have you. That's all I need."

***

They arrived at Sylvia's apartment after Matt had given them the address. Getting out the car, you would think the President of the United States was coming to visit. There were two guards at their sides, two behind them and two in front of them. The coveted box formation. One of the guards knocked the door and waited. They didn't have to wait for long since Sylvia opened the door.

"Are you Agent West?" the guard asked her.

"Does it matter?" she replied drily. "Who are you? CIA or something?"