SEVENTEEN: ROYAL HUMILIATION

MIRANDA thought she had a leg up on Cameron.

Even after sending the green light to Prime Minister Chavez, it brought even more hell than she could bare. And once again, she was stuck in a corner. She found out that not a single faction of her troops and Chavez's troops were able to do a thing. Since then, Chavez called her nonstop until she finally answered him.

"Miranda, the entire world knows everything. What are we going to do?! I can't have this blatant humiliation damage my reputation!" he told her.

"Our only option is to run. They have no clue that it was either of us. This is our chance."

Suddenly, the air in the room became suffocating.

"Did you really think you'll be able to run from hell, Chavez?" another voice had appeared. It frightened her. Almost as if she had heard a ghost come in her room, but through her phone.

And simultaneously, she felt the soft touch of air graze her skin. But that's not what made her blood run cold.

There was a shadow. Sitting in the corner, in the darkest part of her room. A soft beam of light flickered revealing the shadow's true entity. Someone had come in her room, in the highest peak of night. There, she sat on her bed all alone unable to move. Frozen in place, as she held the phone against her ear.

"C-Chavez, are you alright?" she asked.

"Hello, your majesty. Chavez will be just fine," was all she heard before everything went pitch black.

***

Miranda woke up to the sound of the door opening. It was dark, barely any light around, but just enough for them to see where she was. She was in a cell. Delirious, but upset that her night dress was covered in dirt. There, they were around her standing as they watched in amusement.

"Good Morning, your majesty," Makarov greeted. "Our apologies for putting you in such a vile environment. I promise you there's no ill-will."

She scoffed. "Oh, please. I find that hardly convincing considering the hell you've put me through in the last twenty-four hours."

Cameron laughed. "The people deserve to know the truth. Not our fault you weren't careful in covering your filthy tracks, doll."

She glared at him. "I will have your head, Rogue! Remember that!"

Cameron leaned closer to her with a sadistic smile. "Not before I have yours, Miranda."

"Europe will soon be mine. And you won't be able to do a thing about it," she laughed. "You lost, Rogue."

It was his turn to laugh. That was the best joke he had heard all day. "To think, you'd actually won is a joke. In fact, you and Chavez are a joke. Adults like you are so predictable and so easy to manipulate. It almost makes my job boring."

"What are you talking about?" she asked.

"You just told the world that you are the mastermind behind the sudden appearance of Spanish military and British military everywhere. That you gave Chavez the green light to start a war with your neighboring countries," Makarov explained.

"And with all the things that the world know now, you just dug your grave even deeper than it already was."

She was silent. It was hard to process, but it was the truth. Little did she or Chavez know that they left themselves even in the efforts of trying to be concealed. She thought that she had everything under control, that everything was going smoothly. When, in reality, she was exposed.

"Now, you have two options, doll. It's either, you step down from the throne or we do things the hard way and it'll end up ugly."

"I'm not giving up the throne, Rogue. Nor will I stop. Not until I have what I truly want. Not until I have him."

Cameron smirked knowing exactly who she was talking about. "Matt West, am I right?"

Her eyes widened. "How did you—"

"How did I know? Like I said before, you adults are easy to predict and read. I didn't come to England just to rip you off the throne, sweetheart."

And that was it. That's when she realized it.

Cameron smiled. "Ah, you figured it out. I must say, you and Rodney constructed one hell of a plan. I commend you for that. However, both of you fell right into my trap."

"You've been watching me."

"All three of you. Man, you three were so clueless. It was fun playing detective for a while. I honestly didn't think you'd be the messiest one out the three of you. Killing princess Margret, defaming Agent West's reputation to break her marriage with Matt West because of your obsession with him, abducting Margret's children and making them think you were their mother, lastly using our history as a cover for you to send England into the drain, using Matt's coma to lure Slash into Rodney's trap and making Agent West hire a bounty hunter to kill me. Did you actually think you were going to win this, against me? Rodney made two monsters, Miranda. You might not know this, but I'm the one that Rodney was afraid of he most. Afraid of this happening. Me, being more calculated, smarter, and wiser than he ever was. And now, look where you all stand. Cornered, like the roaches you all are." Cameron smiled at her again, but maniacally.

"You'll pay for this, Rogue." She gritted through her teeth. "The war is about to start, fools."

"Smile for the camera, your majesty," Makarov said, pointing to the camera that had been recording them this entire time.

"One more thing. Your little war won't be happening."

She was angry. Angry, because Cameron had been ten steps ahead with everything she tried. There was no point in doing anything else. It would be stupid considering she was sitting in a cell with one of the deadliest people in the world standing in front of her.

"Which will it be, your majesty?" Cameron asked.

"The cabinet will come for you, Rogue," she smirked.

"Let them come then. It's not like they're safe either," Cameron chuckled. "Krushiv, make sure the entire Parliament sees this."

"You're bluffing," she told him. "You wouldn't dare attack the Parliament."

Cameron chuckled. "I'm about to kill their precious Queen. What could possibly be better than putting a dent into the Parliament's structure? I know, have all of you sitting in a cell on a private island with no way out."

Just like that, like before, she truly had nothing she could do. Fighting to keep a throne that wasn't hers in the first place was useless now. The world knows the truth. The real her. She was completely humiliated. Everyone knew her intentions now.

"To the entire Parliament, I know some of you will try to save her. That's how corrupt you are. However, I have men at your houses waiting for my green light. If you try anything, I will have you all eradiated. To the five members that Miranda has worked with, I know where you are and don't try to run either. You can't escape me nor the dragons. Lastly to Chavez, you are no longer in a position of power anymore. I hope you enjoy your new lives as fugitives of the world." He then looked at Miranda. "Both of you."