CHAPTER ONE

CAIRO, EGYPT.
26th, September, 2019.
3:25 pm.

Muhibba had ceased breathing before he came in. That was how it appeared to him at first. In agitation, he screamed;

"Muhibba."He screamed the name a second, and then a third time and fell on the bed beside her.

She lay stock-still, facing skywards. Slowly, he ran his hands over her to feel her pulse, wondering whether the sickness had come to it's s worst and the doctor's divination had come true.

It was difficult to tell whether she was just lying stifled or dying.

life had begun well for them two years before until suddenly she was taken ill. Her health worried him because she was his world.

His everything.

He noticed that she was lying still but alive and was murmuring something. He crouched down close to her to get the message.

"Muhibba...please talk to me....say something please...."he cried, leaning towards her. She tried to smile but her face was distorted with torment.

"R--id........rid....ridwa....n"she called and paused for a while. "wh....at...did....the...doctor...said..about my condition?"She continued, raising her voice a little above whisper.

He moved his lips to answer but he just couldn't say anything. He doesn't want to tell her the truth nor does he want to lie to her, shutting up was the best option.

"Don't lie to me ridwan.....please tell me."she pleaded, finding it hard to speak.

But still he kept quite, how is he supposed to tell her that she won't be able to survive this illness.

Ya Allah!

"Nothing unusual."he lied, trying to appear unworried, but she was not satisfied.

"I'm.....I...going.....to....die?"she questioned stammering, tears flowing down her cheeks. She clearly knows that she won't be able to survive this illness. She can feel it.

"No,no,no,no...."He protested cupping her face with his hands. "Please don't say that...you can't leave me....I can't live without you..hiba.."He cried as he held her hands.

She flickered her eyes, trying hard not to cry. The pain that she is feeling right now, she knows she might not survive.

She looked at Ridwan, who couldn't control his tears and smiled weakly. He has been a great husband, even though she just stayed with him for two years, he had taken good care of her, her needs and everything. He had supported her through the hardship she has gone through all those years.

She loved him with all her heart, he was her everything, he is surely going to miss her a lot when she is gone.

"You will never leave me....hiba....not now please...."He kept on crying holding onto her hands, but he felt something weird about her temperature her hands were so cold all of a sudden, he looked up to her face, she was silent, checked her pulse and it was still, she wasn't even breathing.