CHAPTER THIRTY

Ridwan opened the door to his dad's office,he entered and took his seat,waiting for his father to talk. "I called you here because there is this meeting that I've with the company we sent the request to last year, we just got a reply from them they want to meet with us"

Ridwan adjusted his sitting position and focused more. "Are you talking about the company in UAE?"

His father gave a slight nod and handed him the file. "I want you to go there and represent us, I won't be able to go"

I'm sorry mufida he apologized, this is the first time he is poking his matters in his sister's relationship life. He figured out they both still love each other, haidar to be precise, so it will be better if he handle this case, he should go to dubai and settle things with mufida, it is now or never.

"Dad, I'm already handling a contract here in abuja"he declared, his father nodded and said.

"What about haidar?"his father asked, ridwan nodded immediately.

"He is not busy"

"Okay give the file to him, both of you should go through it"ridwan nodded with a sheepish smile. He held the file tightly as he walked out of the office, he went to haidar's office directly to convey the good news to him.

"Haidar"he shouted barging into the office, haidar got startled when he look at the intruder, he hissed and shook his head.

"I'm doing good Alhamdulillah, and you?"he asked sarcastically with an eye roll. Ridwan took his sit then shook hands with haidar and handed him the file. He gave ridwan a confused look, ridwan shrugged and told him to open the file and go through it.

"Project 2020?"he asked and flipped to the other page, he remembered the project but he was nevertheless confused. "United Arab Emirates......."he trailed off waiting for an explanation from his friend who was busy smiling at him.

"Don't you get it?"ridwan asked and rubbed his face, annoyed at his friend.

"I don't"he shook his head closing the file and keeping it aside.

"You are going there to represent this company in the board meeting and....."ridwan weighed to see if his friend understood what he meant.

"And?"he asked and furrowed his eyes at ridwan. Ridwan face palmed himself and shook his head, in disappointment.

"If you go there you can meet mufida"haidar abruptly got up, after he was done processing what his friend just said in his head, he sat down again and shook hands with ridwan but to him it wasn't enough, he stood up again and hugged ridwan tightly.

"Thank you,thank you"he beamed. "How did you do it and why me?"

Ridwan placed a hand on haidar's shoulder and smiled. "Doesn't matter, you better book your tickets and start preparing"he gave ridwan a side hug and left the office, excitedly.

Love !

A fickle creature !

He shook his head,His hands in his pocket when he took a glance at the clock plastered on the wall,he gasped and rushed back to his office,pick up his suit car keys and sauntered out of the company. He couldn't wait to go home and meet his wife,his stomach was grumbling out of hunger and it will only stop when raheenah's delicious food enter his system.

He parked his car and descended out of it,the gateman was standing beside him smiling weirdly at him.

"Sannu da zuwa. Welcome back"he beamed,ridwan only nod his head and walked away.

He pushed the door opened,the sight before him,he never expected that to happen. He closed the door quietly and approach them,he was trying to hide the disappointment he felt.

Maryam rushed to him,her crocodile tears streaming down her cheeks. "Ya ridwan"she cried and what she did next surprised raheenah.

She hugged ya ridwan,she freaking hugged him !

Ridwan slowly pulled maryam's body away from him and said. "What happened?"maryam didn't reply him rather she pointed at raheenah.

"What happened?"he roared taking a step forward. Raheenah eyed maryam before moving her gaze back to angry ridwan.

Raheenah didn't reply him,she just stared at him,unable to find her voice.

"Talk to me,why did you lay your hands on her"he gripped her elbow and pulled her to him,that was when she realise how short she is. "Tell me"she inhaled a deep breath then removed his hands from her elbow and took a step back.

"Why don't you ask her instead"she retorted placing her hands against get chest. Ridwan gave her a once over look then turn to maryam.

"Ya ridwan she was preparing lunch and I offered to help her"she stopped and sniffed looking at raheenah with the side of her eyes. "She didn't answer me so I took that as a yes,we were done with the food and I picked up the warmers I was going to keep them on the table but she snatched it away from me and poured the food on the floor saying that I poisoned the food"raheenah watched her in disbelief,the whole story was a lie.

"And when I denied it,she slapped me"she cried even more holding on to her cheeks.

"Why would she even poison the food?"he was facing raheenah. "What will she gain by doing that?"a lone tear slipped down her cheeks,he didn't even care to ask her own part of what happened and he jumped into conclusion by blaming her.

What could be more painful,than seeing your husband trusting someone else and not you ?

She turned and stormed out of the place,she entered her room and sat down on the bed,it didn't take a minute for ridwan to show up in front of her,with a frown.

"I didn't bring her here to be falsely accused of things she didn't do"raheenah buried her face in her hands.

"Do you really think I did all that ? It sounds so bizarre ya ridwan. Maryam is not who you think she is"she stood up facing him.

"Do you think you know maryam more than I do?"he snorted shaking his head. "What happened today shouldn't repeat itself"he warned,raheenah smiled painfully and shook her head.

"You have to apologize to her"

Hello......another update I'm I not a sweetheart *wink*

What the heck just happened...I didn't see that coming...

It started so well and ended badly....😔

Maryam

Maryam

Maryam

Is high time we take care of that trash....

Ya ridwan I'm sorry fah it slipped Atohh

Before you tell me to apologize to her,because I won't aha

I rest my case.....

Vote
Comment
follow
and
Share

Ria❤