CHAPTER NINETEEN

"You wanted to tell me something right?"mufida nodded nervously. Rubbing her sweaty hands.

"Yes dad"she answered. Her voice very low. "Is about my studies"

"I'm all ears"he said but his attention was not on her it was on the newspaper he was reading.

"I want to continue my studies in Dubai"she said closing her eyes waiting for her father to blow off.

Her father didn't react because if she is saying this then there must be a reason for that.

"I don't to study here anymore,because"she paused to gather up some courage.

Her father sat upright on the chair to hear the reason his daughter want to study abroad.

"The accident that has happened before,when I was taken to the hospital by mother and ya sule, something happened before I was unconscious and even before that things has been happening"

Her father kept the newspaper aside and removed his spectacles. He leaned closer to mufida and asked. "What happened why didn't you tell me or your mother this?"

"Back then I was in 200 level when"she took in a deep breath and continued. "Muhammad came back to Abuja. I didn't see him with my own eyes but he kept on sending letters asking for money and sometimes he threatens me. He kept on doing that for a long time. He calls me and text me all the time saying he wants money and because I never gave it to him he came to me. I was so scared he wanted to take advantage of me again.

He kept me in an incomplete building. He only give me water once. The day I escaped one of his men came back drunk and wanted to take advantage of me...I tried so hard to run away at that time I was not thinking straight I picked up the bottle of alcohol he came in with and hit him with it and.......a.......and......and....he."

"Come here my daughter is okay,is all in the past now"he hugged his daughter patting her back lightly.

"Dad he died....I killed a person....I kille....d...him..I...I...I.."she screamed shutting her ears tightly and saying continuously. "I killed a person. I'm a murderer"

"It's okay my dear. Take a grip of yourself please don't cry. You didn't kill him intentionally it was out of self defence,please stop crying. Here,take this"he passed her a glass cup filled with water,she collected it quickly and gulped down the whole content without any hesitation.

"Dad....I did nothing wrong right ? I did nothing wrong"she cried side hugging her father.

"You did nothing wrong my dear. You killed him in order to save yourself and not intentionally. You did it to save yourself because you were being wronged and nothing else"

"Go and rest. About you studying in Dubai I will surely see to it"he promised and mufida forced a smile. Even though she feels like she got rid of a lot of load that was on her. She is still not happy about leaving her family and everyone behind.

"Thank you so much dad..."she hugged him and stood up to leave.

"Which of the university do you want in Dubai?"

A smile made it way to her lips upon hearing that. "Zayed university Dubai"she beamed.

"Okay Allah ya bada Sa'a"

"Ameen"she muttered and left.

Immediately she stepped her foot inside her room. Her phone started ringing,she picked the phone up to see the caller. It was an unknown number.

She shrugged and picked up the call.

"Hello...."

Haider ? What the heck !

How did he get her number. She was sure she heard his voice.

"Mufida you there?"she sighed rolling her eyes.

"Yes what do you want?"she asked her left hand placed on her waist. "Why are you even calling me Haider ?"

"I want to talk to you in person. Is it possible"mufida was so ready for him today. She hummed in response instead of saying yes.

"You Can't believe how happy you made me right now. I feel like the happiest man on earth right now. Thank you so much I promise I won't waste your time"

"Where do you want us to meet?"she asked ignoring the stupidity he finished saying.

"Don't worry I will come pick you up"

"No that's not needed,meet me up at cold stone creamery at 2 pm"she said and hang up the phone and kept the phone aside but not without blocking the number he called her with.

* * *

She Parked her in the parking lot and descended out of it. She is 30 minute late intentionally. She wanted to make him wait for her.

She entered the place with a fake smile placed on her lips. She is happy she is going to stop everything today. She needs to get rid of Haider,she doesn't want him in her life anymore. He is a lier and she hates liers.

"Mufida"she turned and saw Haider seated on a chair holding his phone with his right hand. He waved at her and smiled.

Mufida sat down on the chair opposite haidar's.

"Hey"he flashed her his million dollar smile. If it was before she would've swooned. She was such a fool to fall for a lier. Disgusting !

"Uhmm"she hummed rolling her eyes. A part of her is saying she should listen to him and hear what he have to say but no ! He is late now,too late for her to wait for her.

"I'm sorry mufida,I really am,can you please find a place in your heart to forgive me. I didn't do anything intentionally. I truly love you a lot"

"That is what you keep saying all the time,you love me a lot you love me a lot,keep saying that to yourself but you don't love me haidar if you truly loved me you wouldn't have done what you did. You left me when I needed you the most and you call that love?"she asked her voice cracking.

"I....."he started but couldn't find the right words to say to her. She is right he left when she needed her the most but he can explain.

"I'm leaving"she stated. Haidar's smile fell.

"To where?"he asked worried shown all over his face.

"I don't know but I'm leaving"she stood up picking up her bag.

"Where are you going to mufida ? You are scaring me"he asked standing up. He walked over to her and stood in front of her. "Why are you going away from me mufida,I'm sorry I really am. I didn't do it intentionally I left because I had to for you saf......"

"You don't need to explain anything because it won't help matters here, I'm leaving that's it"she left sniffing quietly,she was already in tears. She didn't like what she did at all but she is just trying to move on in her life and if she really want to do that she will have to get rid of Haidar from her life forever.

And she has succeeded in doing that.

Or so she thought !

A lot has happened to our mufida 😥 she has really gone through a lot.

Do you want mufida to forgive Haidar ?

If yes give a reason for that.

Adiós ♡

Vote
Comment
Follow
And
Share

Ria♥️