CHAPTER THIRTY NINE

Two days has passed,and to ridwan it felt like years without hearing raheenah's voice or her scoldings. Everything is different,even though nothing has change but still everything feels different unlike before when his life was more lively than now.

He never knew that he will yearn for raheenah's present like now. Haidar told him that he is starting to develop feelings for her,but he always denies it. He don't like her or feel anything towards her,he is just feeling guilty for what happened to her. Anyone in his place will do the same.

His life is a complete mess. His whole life took a different turn when raheenah slipped into coma. He will just sit down and stare at her. The doctor said speaking to her will help in some way or the other.

His throat is dry from doing that,mostly because he has been crying all day long. Sometimes,he wonders if he truly is in love with Raheenah and he will quickly push the thoughts.

Since the day they brought raheenah to the hospital. He hasn't step a foot out of the hospital. His mother brings food for him everyday and then stay with him for like an hour before leaving.

Raheenah's mother stays till dawn. She always sit down on the bed close to raheenah and cry her heart out. She couldn't bare seeing her daughter in this condition. When ya daddy conveyed the news to her,she fainted and her blood pressure rose rapidly. The doctor has instructed her to go home and rest,but she isn't getting it.

And mufida,she left at least 20 missed calls on raheenah's cell. She was beginning to worry,because raheenah never reject her phone calls,she tried ridwan's phone but he didn't pick,because he had no idea where his phone is and even his head.

"Ridwan"Haidar called softly peeping through the door. Ridwan looked up at him,his eyes red and swollen. He looked sick inside and out. "Can we talk?"ridwan closed his eyes and heaved a sigh of exasperation.

Haidar is always talking about love. He is always telling him that he love raheenah but he isn't aware of it and isn't ready to accept it because he is still lingering on his past.

"Not now Haidar,I don't want to hear anything"he rubbed his face with his hands,his bloodshot red eyes glued to raheenah's sleeping face.

"Is your stairs always slippery?"Haidar questioned. Curiosity furrowed his eyebrows as he stared at ridwan who had a blank expression on his face.

"Do I really have to answer you?"Ridwan enquired and Haidar shook his head.

When he heard the news about what happened. He has this question mark lingering in his mind. How could she have slipped just like that. So that very day,he went straight to ridwan's house before coming to the hospital because he knows that whoever was responsible for the accident won't leave the evidence for long but the culprit was too stupid and foolish to forget to clean the oil that was behind the incidence.

Why is there oil on the staircase ?

Is someone after raheenah's life ?

But who could it be ?

An enemy ? Or rival ?

This questions gave him sleepless night. The fact that raheenah and ridwan were the only one living there was also stuck in his head.

That means an outsider did it.

But who ?

"Ridwan"he called in a serious and worried tone. "Have you ever thought about how all of this happened?"

Ridwan shook his head,his eyes prickling with tears.

"Exactly,there was oil on the staircase which made her slip"

Ridwan looked at his friend and sighed. "What are you trying to say ? Someone poured the oil there intentionally so she will fall ? Is that what you are trying to say?"

"Unfortunately,yes"Haidar replied. "Everything is so bizarre,don't you think?"

"I don't know Haidar. Let me assume what you just said is true,who would do such a hideous thing?"ridwan rose a brow at Haidar with an amused expression.

"I have no idea,because the two of you live alone"

Ridwan eyes bulged out. That is when he remembered.

Maryam !

No she won't do such a thing !

"We live together with muhibbah's sister,maryam the one you met at cilantro"Haidar kept quiet for a while before he spoke.

"But how comes?"Ridwan told him everything and he nodded. "Do you think.."he started but ridwan cut him off.

"I know she is not responsible for it,I trust her"Haidar just hummed and said nothing more. Whoever this maryam girl is,he will surely find out if she was the one who is responsible or not. Even though he is 99 percent sure that she might be responsible for it,the only way to make that 100 percent sure is to find out and he will do just that.

"You told mufida right?"Haidar questioned out of the blue. Ridwan was enjoying the silence but Haidar had to ruin it with his endless questions.

"No,not yet"Haidar hummed. He didn't argue with him because maybe he didn't tell her because there is a reason or so.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Wow,this house is indeed very big and luxurious"safna complimented sipping her cup of wine. Maryam smiled and clasped her hands together.

She bets that Raheenah's child didn't survive the accident after hearing the good news about her being in coma.

She had thought that since raheenah is gone for now she will be able to win ridwan over but he is nowhere to be seen because he is with his lifeless wife.

"I know"maryam guffawed pouring more wine to her cup. "And it will be mine soon"she added and safna chuckled nodding her head.

"I hope you've visited her at the hospital and cleaned the staircase very well so no one will get suspicious"safna advised and that's when my remembered she didn't clean up the stairs.

Not wanting to appear stupid in front of her friend,she laughed evilly and said. "Oh yes I visited her"

The door bell rang,followed by a knock. Safna and Maryam exchanged looks and maryam whispered to her. "Take all of this and hide in my room,don't come out untill I call you okay?"safna nodded picking up the cups and running to maryam's room.

Maryam breathed in and out,and faked a smile. She opened the door and gasped. "You?"

Hello....

Who do you think she saw guys ?

I don't know o ! I hope you don't mind telling me 😂

So bye for now !

Vote
Comment
Follow
And
Share

Ria❤