CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT

She picked up the last set of cloth from her wardrobe and shoved it inside the full luggage. She put it in all strength in zipping the bag.

She heaved a sigh,her hands on her waist. She looked around the half empty room and wiped off the tear that escaped her eye.

Tears are handy for washing away troubling and sad feelings. But when you grow up, you'll learn that there are things so sad, they can never be washed away by tears. That there are painful memories that should never be washed away.

She can't believe that all the best and painful memories she has spent in her room and in the house. She smiled weakly and looked around the room,she stopped when her eyes landed on a pink box which was on her bed.

She knew what was inside. With slow and delicate steps she approached the box and sat down beside it.

Her hands began to quiver when she picked up the first item her hands landed on. It was a photo of her father and her. She couldn't help to control herself,the tears came rolling down her cheeks.

She placed her palms over the picture and closed her eyes tightly. "Dada,why did you do this to us. I had loved you so much,dada even more than Maa. I've always admired you and adore you. I wanted to be just like you when I grow up but now,I don't want anything that has to do with you,dada. I hate the fact that I'm using your last name. I hate everything about you,I hate the fact that you were ever in Maa's life. You stabbed her in the heart and you just left. You didn't even care to come and fix the mess you've created.

You left,you didn't even think once about how I'm going to feel. You didn't even care about our feelings,you never did. Now if you come back to our life do you really think we'll accept back into our lives ?, No never ! I'll never accept you in my life,I don't ever want to see your face in my entire life. And I pray wherever you're you'll never be happy in your life. You'll also feel the pain Maa had to go through because of you"she ended bitterly and threw the picture away, making it to crash into pieces. She picked up the rest and threw them away one by one. It was as if she was getting rid of a burden.

She wrapped her arms around herself and cried quietly.

"Maryam,come down for breakfast"Maa called barging into Maryam's room. She rushed to Maryam, observing her condition she said to her. "Maryama what's wrong ? Why are you crying?"

Maryam kept mute and blinked letting the tears fall off freely from her eyes. Her mother shook her a little and she flinched.

She looked at her mother then wiped off the tears quickly and faked a smile at her. "Maa,what are you doing here?"

Maa gave her once over look and sat herself down beside Maryam. "Why were you crying Maryam,don't lie to me"she send a glare Maryam's way, pointing her index finger at her.

"Maa,it's nothing you see. I'm going to miss this house so much, especially my room. That's why I was crying and nothing else"she lied,mentally praying for her mother to not see the pictures on the floor.

Maa heaved a sigh. "I know this is hard for you but it is for our own good. And you know since you rejected Umar,I can find a good match for you there"

"Maa"she called with a long whine. "Not again,please"

"What are you saying Maryam. That I shouldn't find a suitor for you ? If you don't want that then find a suitor yourself"Maa scolded her hands akimbo.

"Okay Maa,I'll find a suitor myself. I don't want to marry a stranger by matchmaking"she rolled her eyes at that. Even the word matchmaking irritates her.