CHAPTER FORTY

"Why do you look so shocked upon seeing me?"Haidar questioned,a hint of mockery in his voice. Maryam managed to fake a smile and closed the door behind her and hissed quietly.

"Haidar what are you doing here?"maryam asked when she saw him taking a sit on the couch and placing his legs on the table.

He turned to her and shook his head. "I should be asking you that not me"his face was suddenly contorted with a frown,a serious one indeed. "Right?"

Her breathing had some for some moments. She arched her brows at him,so many questions ringing inside her head.

Why is he here ?

Is he suspecting me ?

"Won't you even offer me some wine too?"he asked again,pointing at the glass of wine which safna forgot to clear. Maryam was speechless,she couldn't find her words,it was like she ran out of words.

She stared at Haidar,not knowing what to do.

This is all safna's fault,how could she be so dumb she cursed under her breath. Haidar snorted glaring at maryam.

"Wine ? what's the occasion ?"she rolled her eyes and took in a deep breath.

"That's not wine,it's my medicine"she lied taking the glass of wine away from the table,so he won't taste it.

"Drinking medicine in such a fancy cup,I'm sure you are not used to this luxury"Haidar spatted,not taking his eyes off the disgusting figure in front of him.

"Where I drink my medicine is none of your business. This is my life so I will do what I deem fit"she yelled with utmost confidence.

Haidar gave her a once over look and said. "Is that why you try to kill raheenah by doing what you deem fit?"

Her legs where all giddy,she felt like they won't be able to carry her anymore. She didn't even know how she released the glass of wine from her grip,but the sound of it shattering on the tiled floor notified her. "Wh_wha__at?"she asked stuttering.

"Is a simple question,why are you stammering?"he questioned amused.

"I__I_I have t_to go"she excused herself and ran to the kitchen. She turned the tap on and splash the water on her face,she kept on doing that until Haidar cleared his throat and stood beside her.

"Are you okay?"

"Uh___yeah. I think"she whispered the last part and turned off the tap. Haidar passed her a towel to rinse her face off. She stared at him and then at the towel wondering why he is being nice to her all of a sudden.

He pushed the towel to her and said. "Here,clean your face,we are not done talking yet"she felt her heart beating faster than usual upon hearing him say they are not done talking yet.

If safna was here,she will know exactly what to do she thought biting her lower lips,as she stared blankly at Haidar. She collect the towel and said. "I will be right back"and dashed to her room. Safna will surely find a solution to this problem.

"Took you long enough,who was it?"maryam dragged her to the bed and sat her down.

"Haidar"

"Hai what ? Who is that?"safna asked rolling her eyes.

"Haidar,he is ridwan's bestfriend,he has a big brain for that his small head. He is too smart"

Safna's eyes furrowed in confusion as she stares at her friend with full attention. "What do you mean?"

"I think he is suspecting,he think no he knows that I'm behind everything. I'm freaking out"safna gasped her eyes wide like saucers. "Yes safna,he is waiting for me,he saw the wine I told you to cleared but because of the type of brain you have you left them there for him to see and suspect me even more"maryam half yelled through gritted teeth.

"Are you seriously blaming me for this?"safna questioned taken aback by maryam's sudden outburst.

"Yes,if I haven't listened to you in the first place,I wouldn't be in this problem"

"Oh yeah ! Then deal with it yourself"safna snapped picking up her bag but maryam held the bag to stop her from going out.

"I'm sorry,I shouldn't have said that to you,I'm very worried as hell,that's why I vented out my anger on you"

"It's okay"safna whispered and kept her bag.

"What should I do now?"

"It will be better if you handle it yourself"maryam stared at her and shook her head.

"I said I'm sorry I_"

She cut her off. "I'm over it, really. I know you can handle him now go before he starts suspecting you again"

Maryam nodded and wiped off her forehead. She turned the doorknob with shaky hands and opened the door, peeping through it she saw haidar on the phone.

"I will be there soon"he said to whoever he was speaking to and hang up the phone. She took in deep breath, obviously trying to suppress the anger welling up inside of her.

"I've to go now, we will talk some other time"an unknown smile made it way to her lips when he ended his sentence, she was very glad that he is finally leaving.

"I will take your leave now"he flashed her his choicest camera smiled and added. "If I find out that you were behind all of this, I won't spare neither will ridwan. He trust you completely but you broke the trust he had in you because if he finds out about this he won't take it slightly with you. I will make sure to expose your true colours in front of him"he spatted, glared at her one more time before making his way towards the exit.

"Bye"he waved with a smile of mockery plastered on his face.

"Bye"she managed to voice out rather to herself. Safna who heared everything came and stood beside her friend.

"It's getting late, Ammi must be getting worried about me"maryam nodded and walked her to the door. "Take care"she hugged safna and left.

Maryam slouched herself onto the couch and sighed burying her face in her hands.

He trust you completely but you broke the trust he had in you haidar's words kept her mind company. She couldn't help but feel bad about it. She shouldn't have handled the situation like this.

The voice of the doorbell ringing brought her out of her trance. She hissed and stood up muttering. "Who is here to disturb me again"she opened the door and her eyes went wide, the person she never expected to show up is right in front of her doorstep.

"You?"she whispered but loud enough for the person to hear.

Who is this one kuma !

So sorry I had to start this way;

Hello guys !

How are you doing ?

I'm sorry the other chapter and this one also had to end this way...

Vote
Comment
Follow
And
Share

Ria♥