Chapter Twenty-Nine: Amy & Road Warriors

Amy Watanabe. The First Rookie. Pilot of Jaeger Unit 0-0 codenamed 'Giant'. Little is known about her past and anything regarding about her family. She is quiet, but she doesn't seem to interact with most of the pilots of the Jaegers or any of the students in the school...

...all except for one.

Ever since she had met him, and even gave a knitted blanket she made herself to Braedey, she had slowly started to get closer to the others, except for Asuka. She slowly began to talk to them, but all the while, she kept some distance. She would only speak in small sentences and words to Braedey.

This seemed to get everyone's attention and they'd raise an eyebrow at Amy whenever she would walk alongside Braedey, or even just flash a tiny smile to him, and he'd smile back.

~*~*~

Meanwhile, up in the sky flying above New York State, Braedey and Shawn were both taking the former's Cirrus SR22 out for a short flight, just so they could take some time off from Jaeger pilot duty and take the time to relax

Meanwhile, up in the sky flying above New York State, Braedey and Shawn were both taking the former's Cirrus SR22 out for a short flight, just so they could take some time off from Jaeger pilot duty and take the time to relax. Shawn didn't mind this, especially after asking to Nash regarding the small flight. He just said to keep an eye out and call in on the radio if there's a Demon incoming.

"This is nice. Just to fly freely and take in the scenery." Shawn commented to Braedey. "But, I'd like to ask; how the hell did you get your pilot's license?"

"When my uncle offered to teach me how to fly. I can only do daytime flying." Braedey replied modestly. "Plus, he has a lot of open area like big crops, so I got the chance to do some crop-dusting to get some hours up."

"Makes sense. Is that the same for driving?" Shawn asked. "Well, because you did drive a taxi to SHIELD HQ when we were being thrown about by that one Demon before you got assimilated by Jaeger Prime."

"Actually, I just saw it was an automatic, and drove it like it were a go-kart." Braedey clarified.

"Oh. Makes sense there." Shawn nodded. "By the way, I need to ask: have you noticed something about Amy?" He asked.

Braedey raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Amy? What about her?" He questioned.

"Well, for a little while since you've been around at the base, she seems to be giving you some glances here and there whenever she can." Shawn clarified to his fellow Jaeger pilot. "She even gave you a blanket she knitted herself. She actually took the time with that."

"That definitely is unexpected." Braedey commented.

"Dude, are you blind to all the signs?" Shawn asked him in bewilderment. "She might be into you." That nearly made Braedey cause the plane to spin out. "Whoa! Easy, man. Easy there..." He helped get the plane level.

"Next time, don't do that." Braedey warned.

"Sorry." Shawn replied. Just then, his ears picked up on something. "Hang on. You hear that?" He asked.