Chapter Eight: A Coordinated Attack

With the introduction of Asuka on the scene, Braedey, Shawn, and Amy had to deal with a proud individual in her piloting, and comes across to others as proud and strong, with a very high opinion of both her appearance (particularly her "busty" body) and her skill as a pilot, as well as being stubborn.

In addition, Asuka had transferred to the school that Braedey, Amy, Ethan, and Douglas go to, much to their chagrin and frustration. It sees like one thing tumbles forward, and it leads to another. Braedey had to try and block her out, but to no avail. He sighed to himself as he had to contend with her pride, with Shawn trying to be peacekeeper between them.

~*~*~

One morning, Braedey was making his way over to school, feeling a little exhausted from having a lack of sleep, since he had been at SHIELD HQ with Ritsuko undergoing the mental training procedures

'Man, I need to rework my sleeping hours.' Braedey thought to himself. 'I mean, I appreciate the fact that Ritsuko is trying to rectify the mental blackout issues, but dragging me out of bed and doing it so often.'

"Hello, Braedey! Guten Morgen!" Asuka greeted in German, slapping Braedey's back.

"Guten Morgen." Braedey spoke back simply.

"Hey, why so gloomy? This is the gorgeous Asuka greeting you!" Asuka announced with pride. "You should appreciate your good fortune! I'm the most popular girl in school!" She then looked around. "Hey, the other one's here too, isn't she?"

"Other one? You're not really specific as to who." Braedey said to Asuka.

"What are you, stupid? I'm talking about the First Rookie, of course!" Asuka pointed out.

"Oh, Amy..." Braedey realised. He then saw Amy nearby reading her books. "Oh, there she is."

"Hello!" Asuka announced, Amy eyeing her, who's standing up on a concrete block. "You must be Amy Watanabe, the pilot of the prototype. I'm Asuka! Asuka Langley Sohryu. I'm the designated pilot of Jaeger Unit 0-2 Eva. Let's be good friends!" She proclaimed.

"Why?" Amy asked monotonously.

"Because it'd be convenient. You know what I mean?" Asuka offered.

"If I'm ordered to, I will." Amy then stood up, getting her bag, and she walked away.

"Talk about odd." Asuka muttered to herself.

"I'll say. Are only weirdos chosen to be pilots?" Douglas commented.

"I'm right here, you know." Braedey narrowed his eyes at Douglas.

~*~*~

Inexplicably and rather suddenly, another Demon attack has been sighted approaching Manhattan-2.0, and it was a larger beast of sorts, but not as big as the one Jaeger Eva took out while with the Atlantic Fleet.