Chapter Twenty: My Final Decision

Down in Indianapolis, Braedey was making some breakfast for his little sister and their aunt and uncle. He was making some bacon and eggs, while he has a smile on his face. He's slowly gotten back into the rhythm of living a normal life, but he still felt a little uneasy. However, he isn't too sure about what it might be, but he shook it off.

As he got breakfast finished and ready, he took note of this morning's newspaper, which showed of the recent Demon attacks and Jaeger fights, much to him shaking his head, although he did take note that Jaeger Prime wasn't present or even seen in some of the pictures.

'Why isn't that Jaeger in these pictures?' Braedey thought to himself. 'Did James not want that mech to be active or something else?'

"Something caught your eye, Braedey?" Jackson's voice asked, getting Braedey's attention.

"Nothing. Just taking note that SHIELD is all over the news nowadays." Braedey shrugged. "By the way, breakfast is ready."

Jackson, Mary, and Jessie soon began to enjoy the breakfast, while Braedey began to take a look into the newspaper. He was now looking at all the information he can in the papers, his mind lost in thought as he read what was there. He could read what was there, but with little to no information about the Jaegers, pilots, and anything else that be happening behind the scenes.

'They are really keeping everything under wraps, while only showing what people should know.' Braedey thought to himself. 'That is how SHIELD works and tries to hide things from the public.'

Suddenly, there was the sound of the wind being cut at speed, as well as whirring blades, making the house shudder and shake, Jessie, Mary, and Jackson taken by surprise, as Braedey got up from the couch, and sprinted to the backyard. As he knocked down the door, to his surprise, as well as his folks, they could see a Bell/Boeing V-22 Osprey tilt-rotor helicopter hovering a few hundred feet away, and it was coming in to land.

"What's that doing here?" Mary asked

"I don't know, but I have a bad feeling about this." Braedey reached into his pocket, and he pulled out a Walther P99 pistol. "Stay behind me." He told them.

Braedey walked a few feet ahead, just as the rear cargo door of the Osprey opened up, as a group of armed SHIELD soldiers stepped out. They stopped a few feet away, just as they parted to reveal Dr. Ritsuko Akagi standing among them, much to Braedey's surprise. The group then began to step forward.

"Don't take another step." Braedey thundered, the soldiers and Ritsuko stopping in their tracks, as he lifted up the pistol. "That's as far as your soldiers go." He said.

The soldiers then raised their guns, ready to fire. But, Ritsuko held her hand up, the soldiers looking to her, then they lower their weapons.

"Braedey Martin. I wish to speak to you." Ritsuko called to Braedey.