Chapter Fourteen: Terrorists & Black Holes

With the latest fight revealing the organisations of DEMOHN and MECH being the ones creating the mech Obsidian, it came to Morato and Commander James' attention that these terrorists might be preparing for something big. However, they decided to keep it under wraps and not tell anyone, not even Matilda or Ritsuko. They didn't want anyone else to know about this.

At the same time, both Linx and Shinobu arrived in Manhattan-2.0, and they were informed as to what has happened over the little while. They soon met up with Kieron and Hawk, the four of them having known each other beforehand when they were actually cadets in flight school before becoming Jaeger pilots. Shinobu was a bit slow to talk to Amy, the latter being a bit hard to talk to. Linx was excited for meeting Shawn, the latter rather interested in Linx's Jaeger and what there is as in terms of weaponry. However, Linx didn't seem to really like Asuka, which Shinobu also agreed with, and they didn't seem to keen to hear Asuka again smack-talking about Braedey. Shinobu and Linx were curious about Braedey, but they couldn't find him on the base. They took a guess that's he's home, but Shawn explained that he's in the medical ward after the recent fight with the rouge Jaeger Obsidian.

~*~*~

Right now, both Linx and Shinobu were looking at some footage of the latest fights with the SHIELD Jaegers against the Demons and the rouge Jaeger, although they were more impressed by the sheer strength by both JetBlackStar and Prime.

"I have to say, that's some wicked fighting styles." Linx commented to Shawn. "Where did you guys learn something like that?" He asked.

"Actually, I had some training, but Braedey has no training at all with piloting Jaegers. I'm not even sure he knows any of those fighting styles." Shawn replied back, much to Linx and Shinobu's confusion. "It's something that the doctor has been trying to fix, but to no avail."

"I see. Is that the reason why he's over in the medical ward?" Linx asked.

"Yeah. It's been like this for a little while." Shawn sighed. "It seems like there is something deep within Jaeger Prime that's been causing the mental blackouts to Braedey, but nobody seems to know what or why."

"Well, whatever it is..." Kieron looked to the screen, just as Jaeger Prime performed the killing blow to the Demon. "It is really making a name for itself around Braedey, and some aren't too pleased about it."

"However, with the introduction of this rouge Jaeger and the appearance of DEMOHN and MECH, what does this mean?" Shinobu asked, getting the other's attention. "You've never heard of DEMOHN?" She asked to the other pilots.

"Don't you mean Demon? Like the things we've been fighting against?" Shawn questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"DEMOHN. It's an acronym." Shinobu clarified to them. "It translates into 'Demonic Empowering Man Over Humane Normality'. They are a terrorist organisation who believe the Demons are the saviours to exact their revenge against any who are the against the Demons. They believe in nothing but the Demons and that they are the superior race compared to humanity, and they will stop anyone who tries to get in their way."

"Do you think they're responsible for sending in the Jaeger Obsidian?" Amy then asked, walking into the room to see the other pilots.

"That is already confirmed, thanks to finding the very symbol of DEMOHN inside of the core." Kieron reported to them, producing a file with what's found. "And it seems that MECH assisted with the construction of the main body and systems of the rouge."

"But how did they get the parts?" Shinobu asked.

"Possibly salvaged parts from prototype Jaegers that had been abandoned in a decommissioned scrapyard." Kieron took a guess. "And there is one in the USA that stands out." He then pointed to the map he had in hand.