Chapter Two: Jaeger VS Demon

Previously...

Braedey looked around him, noticing the Jaeger's arm above him, shielding him from the falling debris. He then turned to the fallen girl, and he sprinted forth to her, checking to make sure she was alright. After now seeing her pulse was alright, even righting the gurney and putting the bluenette back on the gurney, he could sense something looking at him. He turned back to the Jaeger, and he could see that it was looking back at him, it's blue optics eyeing him like they had some kind of connection. It was almost symbiotic or something.

Braedey got to his feet, then he breathed a sigh. "Fine. I'll do it." He muttered, then he turned to the adults. "I'll be the pilot of Jaeger Prime!" He declared.

~*~*~

After his declaration, everyone soon got to work with prepping Jaeger Unit 0-1 Prime ready for action and deployment. It was going to be a perfect test drive for it and it's pilot. It was going to take a bit of time, but it'll definitely be worth it.

"Cooling cycle complete! Right arm reattachment complete." Technicians began to work around the clock to make sure everything was set. "All gear inside Conn-Pod is in docked position. Hydraulics and pneumatics online. Backup hydraulics on standby. Main electrics online. Operational systems online. Core coolant and rotors operating at 200%, within tolerable levels."

Right now, Braedey was standing inside what was designated as the 'Drivesuit Room', while technicians and mechanics began to attach the armour around the suit, so he'll be ready for deployment. Matilda was there to oversee the suit-up. The suit felt weird for him, since he had to strip to his boxer shorts, and it felt like a second skin to him.

The Drivesuit Room serves as the final preparation for pilots. The polycarbonate shell and circuitry suit are stored in separate cabinets before being removed to outfit the pilots. Pilots are helped into these suits by Drivesuit technicians.

The circuitry suit is a black bodysuit designed to interface with the nervous system of the pilot, based closely on the theory of acupuncture. The circuitry suit is designed or likened to a wetsuit and laced with a type of synaptic processor mesh. The pattern of processor relays are designed to resemble that of a circuitry board on the inside of the computer, sewn into black polymer material. The circuitry suit relays the impulses directly to the Jaeger, as fast as the pilot's brain can generate them; lag time is said to be "close to zero". The circuitry the suit even allows the pilot to feel everything the Mech does.

As Braedey tried to calm himself down and put on the helmet, the battle armour suits were built onto the circuitry suit, and bolted into position, Braedey feeling a little concerned. The second layer of the Drivesuit, the battle armour, is a "precision-engineered" polycarbonate shell that enables the pilot to survive the intense physical requirements of piloting a Jaeger. It contains life support and magnetic interfaces at the spine, feet, and all major limb joints. It relays incoming and outgoing neural signals. The battle armour also includes a "recorder" that automatically preserves sensory impressions. The armour Braedey has on is white with silver highlights, along with some bulk around it, and a few nicks and scratches across it. The helmets are similarity shared between the Drivesuits. When connected to the Jaeger, the helmets provide a layer of defence, and also deploy a visor whenever the Conn-Pod were to sufferer damage, and deliver oxygen to the Rangers and have communicators in the circular point that meets the jaw.

"Data on helmet." A female A.I spoke inside the suit, the amber colour visor of the helmet lowering to reveal Braedey's face, him looking nervous. "Data relay gel dispersing in circuitry suit."

"Okay. Time to get you into your mech." Matilda said to Braedey.

Braedey gave a timid nod, and the two began to leave the Drivesuit Room for Prime's hangar. They made their way onto a gantry, and it was being moved towards a rear hatch door at the back of the head of the mech, which had been designated as the 'Conn-Pod'.