Chapter Three: Uncertainty & New Home

Previously...

Braedey showed a smile to himself, feeling like he's done something amazing, and he felt like he could now take on the whole world. But then, his eyes rolled into the back of his head, and his body now fell limp in the feedback cradle, letting out a small groan, bubbles forming in the LCL, while all the systems shut down and the power goes out.

"Braedey?" Matilda's voice spoke up on the Comms, but she can't get any reply. "Braedey, do you read? Braedey, please respond. Do you copy?"

~*~*~

Later on, it was evening

Later on, it was evening. The cleanup operation was underway, with the damages all being cleared away, while the famous landmarks around the New York area returning back from below the surface, thanks to powerful hydraulics and main operating systems. Jaeger Unit 0-1 Prime had been taken back to its hangar bay, with its pilot taken to the hospital, so he could be checked over to see if anything had happened to him while onboard the Conn-Pod.

"The Government announcement regarding yesterday's state of emergency states... In this incident... The UN forces in America..." The news reports spoke out on the TV, one that both Matilda and Dr. Ritsuko have at the nearby cleanup site.

"The announcement was 'Scenario B-22.' The facts were hushed up again." Matilda commented, taking off her beret, and waving it in front of her to cool down. "The public relations department seems to be happy because they've got things to do at last."

"They seem very optimistic." Dr. Ritsuko commented.

"Well... The truth is that everyone is afraid." Matilda then muttered ominously.

After the cleanup had been completed, everyone had packed up all their gear, and they began to drive off back towards the base. Matilda and Ritsuko were both onboard one of the trucks, one that was travelling on towards one of the entry ramps that'll take them back to SHIELD HQ.

"I always think an air conditioner is the greatest treasure of humanity!" Matilda laughed, her having taken off her beret and her military top, revealing a bright red bra that was struggling to contain her chest. "A scientific success!"

Dr. Ritsuko now got off the phone after being told some information. "Good news: Braedey has regained consciousness." She reported.

This got Matilda's attention. "How is he?" She asked, sitting up in her seat.

"No external wounds from his encounter." Dr. Ritsuko reported in. "However, his memory is somewhat confused. He said he doesn't even remember about him fighting the Demon at all. That was rather surprising for me to even hear that."

"It can't be... Is it mental contamination...?" Matilda asked in concern.

"I heard it's nothing to worry about." Dr. Ritsuko shrugged it off.