Chapter Four: School Transfer & Another Attack

The next day at SHIELD HQ, Braedey was back in the Conn-Pod of Jaeger Prime, but he was going through the motions of control with the humanoid mech, but he was also going through some mental checks, by order from Doctor Ritsuko, for she wanted to know as to why Braedey didn't seem to remember what happened.

"Good morning, Braedey

"Good morning, Braedey. How's it going?" Dr. Ritsuko asked to Braedey over the Comms.

"No problems." Braedey muttered. "l'm still getting used to it."

"That's good." Dr. Ritsuko said to him. "Now, I'm going to review what you might've missed out on during your first run. The Jaeger has a fusion-core turbine reactor inside to give it power. It means you'll be able to fight for a long time. However, if the core is damaged, you'll only have up to about 2 hours before the core goes into overheat, and be forced into shutdown. This is due to our current limits in fusion technology. Do you understand?" She asked.

"Yes." Braedey muttered back softly. He felt a little shaky about all of this. "Anything else?"

"Jaeger Unit 0-1 Prime, despite being a first-model Jaeger, has been outfitted with offensive and defensive capabilities." Dr. Ritsuko said to Braedey. "The primary weapon is the long-range particle dispersal cannon known as the Plasmacaster. These weapons fire a beam of charged plasma via a carrier rail. The beam can cause massive and deadly wounds to the enemy. The next weapon is the OP-7 Chain Sword. The swords are made out of a steel obsidian alloy, and they're built into Prime's forearms. When deployed, the sword is a loose chain and then locks to form a solid blade."

"Man, that's some tools and weapons." Braedey muttered in worry. "I... that's some dangerous gear."

Up above the Jaeger in the viewing platform, Dr. Ritsuko and Matilda were watching the Jaeger below, seeing what's going on, and how Braedey is doing.

"Anything on the internal scans?" Dr. Ritsuko asked to her technician, who goes by the name of Maya Ibuki.

Maya Ibuki is one of the three main computer technicians at SHIELD HQ, and serves directly under Dr

Maya Ibuki is one of the three main computer technicians at SHIELD HQ, and serves directly under Dr. Ritsuko Akagi. Maya frequently acts as Ritsuko's assistant, particularly with work on the main computers that control the base, and computer readouts from the Jaeger units.