Chapter Eleven: Our History & Rouge Jeager?!

In the evening after the double Demon event, Hawk, Kieron, Amy, and Shawn headed off back to SHIELD HQ to their personal quarters, while Braedey, Asuka, and Matilda were getting themselves cleaned up and ready for bed. It had been a rather busy day for most of them, but it was embarrassing for Asuka.

Right now, Braedey was taking the chance to catch up on some reading, as well as possibly make a phone call to Indianapolis, so he could call his aunt and uncle to see how they were, as well as his little sister. He managed to get a line through, and he finally got an answer on the phone.

"Hello?" A woman's voice called.

"Hey, Auntie Mary. It's me, Braedey." Braedey replied back. "Listen, I've got only a few minutes to go until the call is cut. Is Jessie there with you?" He asked to him.

"Yes. She's right here. Let me just get her on the line." Auntie Mary replied back, then in the background of the phone, Braedey could hear some light talking or so.

"Hello?" A young girl's voice spoke up on the phone.

"Hey, Jessie. It's your big brother calling." Braedey said in reply. "How are you doing?"

"Hey, big brother." Jessie called back to Braedey. "How are you doing in New York?" She asked to him.

"I've been alright, Jessie. Been on medical watch for a little bit, but soon to be back on my feet by the next day." Braedey replied back. "Are you doing alright?"

"Yep. Auntie Mary and Uncle Jackson have been taking care of me, and they said they'd even take me to the city park tomorrow." Jessie explained to Braedey. "And maybe even go to get some ice-cream in the afternoon."

"Is that so? That's nice to hear." Braedey smiled gently. "I'm happy to hear you're doing alright. Well, it must be late for you now, so you should go off to bed, okay?"

"Okay, Braedey." Jessie replied back, now sounding disappointed. "Big brother... when will you be back home?" She asked.

Braedey was silent for a few moments, thinking about how to answer back to his little sister. "I... I don't know yet. Not for a while, I guess. But I promise to be home for your birthday." He reassured to Jessie.

"Okay. Be careful, please." Jessie asked to Braedey.

"I will. You too." Braedey then sighed. "Take care, and Goodnight."

"Goodnight." Jessie replied, and the call ended with a click.

Braedey sighed, putting his phone on the bedside table, as he turned over to lie on his back, looking up at the roof. He missed the times that he and Jessie would be off to playgrounds or the tracks together. He even thought back to when it was him and his mother, then shook his head from any thoughts of James.

'That man...' Braedey thought with a snarl. 'That despicable being...'

Just then, there was a knock at the bedroom door, Braedey sitting up. He looked over to the door with confusion, so he walked over to it. He opened the door, and to his surprise, there was Asuka standing there, still in her inflated D-Type Plugsuit, with a frown on her face.