Chapter Five: Medicals & May Watanabe

"He's only seventeen years old. It seems so cruel, making him bear the burden of mankind's destiny."

"But we have no choice but to entrust the piloting of the Jaegers to seventeen-year-olds."

Right now, both Dr. Ritsuko and Matilda were in the doctor's office, the two of them talking about Braedey and what has occurred since the previous fight with the Demon.

"I know." Matilda sighed to bee self.

"So, has he talked to you since?" Dr. Ritsuko asked to Matilda, but she didn't answer to her question. "So I guess not?" She said.

"No." Matilda sighed to herself. "I think he might never speak back to me at all, especially after what happened beforehand."

"What are you going to do?" Dr. Ritsuko asked to her.

"I.... I don't know, really." Matilda sighed, now sitting back in her chair. "I mean, he said he has no recollection of what happened. It was just confusing, and I couldn't think as to why."

"What did he tell you?" Dr. Ritsuko asked.

"Well, this is what happened..." Matilda began to recount back to when she talked to Braedey after the whole fight.

~*~*~*~*~*~
(Flashback)

"Why did you ignore my order?" Matilda demanded from Braedey, the two in a police-style interrogation room, the former having a stern expression on her face, Braedey looking hesitant and frightened.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." Braedey muttered.

"I'm the one who's in charge of your operations, right?" Matilda reminded to Braedey. "You have a duty to obey my orders. Do you understand?"

"Yes." Braedey muttered.

"I'm warning you, never do it again." Matilda warned.

"Yes." Braedey whispered. "But it wasn't my fault this time. I wanted to fall back-"

"Do you really understand what I'm saying?!" Matilda snapped.

"Y-Yes." Braedey whispered.

"Hey, you're not going to get out of this by just saying yes to everything I say." Matilda fumed.

"It wasn't my fault this time!" Braedey spoke back. "I wanted to retreat and fall back, but I blacked out. The next thing I know, I'm waking up in the back of one of the medical helicopters flying back to SHIELD." He insisted to Matilda. "I mean, from what others have said, we won the battle anyway."

"You know, it may seem easy to go along with whatever anyone else wants, but if you get into the Jaeger with that attitude, it'll kill you!" Matilda stated back. "Especially with you blacking out."

"I'm sorry. I just don't know what's going on." Braedey spoke back. "I mean, I don't know what to do. If I knew, I would tell you, but I don't."

"The Jaeger is on standby. Will you pilot it? Or won't you, Braedey?" Matilda then asked to Braedey.

"If I say that I won't pilot Jaeger Prime, what will you do with it?" Braedey then asked to Matilda.

"I suppose that Amy will do it." Matilda replied to him. "Won't you pilot it?"

"Don't worry. I'll pilot that thing." Braedey answered her question. 'It's not like I've got a choice to choose.' He thought to himself.