You're much too brazen with your words

The streets were crowded with people, shoulders bumping against one another and foots repeatedly stepping on each other. Among the victims of these annoying acts were a black haired swordsman and a robed person.

Cale let out a tired sigh. Choi Han's eyes darted around to quickly find a place for Cale to rest, and also to see where they were going in the first place, but the people on the streets were beginning to crowd more and more to the point that it was hard for him to take a step forward.

Some people were pushing against them, and Cale's fragile body kept swaying back and forth. Choi Han couldn't stand seeing Cale get pushed any further, so he pulled Cale into his arms to block him. Both of them were still for a moment, but the momentum of the crowd forced them to move forward before any of them could let out an excuse or a retort.

Choi Han thought of giving Cale a piggyback ride, but then thought that even if he did so, he would still have to jump over all these people to find a place to rest which would definitely get more attention. And if he didn't jump over them, then he'd be stuck in place without being able to move an inch.

Choi Han glanced nervously at Cale, whose face was hidden under the robe. He felt guilty for making Cale walk all day. Sure, they did rest at shops and cafes once in a while, but that was it. Choi Han also remembered Cale's shaking legs.

Even if the crowd was clustering to the point that you could call the streets being fully packed, Choi Han still peaked at Cale to see how he was. Of course, he couldn't see anything from his view, the only thing visible being Cale's robe and the citizens that surrounded them.

Choi Han could only think of one thing to do in these circumstances. He lowered his head and whispered to Cale in a low voice. "I'm sorry Cale-nim, but please excuse me for a moment." Before Cale could ask what he meant, he felt Choi Han's hands that were holding him slowly lowering themselves. But they weren't just lowering back to Choi Han. They were snaking down to his legs.

Cale exclaimed in a shout-whisper as he raised his head to look at Choi Han. "W-what are you doing?" Choi Han said in a shy but determined tone. "I needed to make sure if your legs were shaking legs like this morning. I apologize for my selfish behavior, but..." Choi Han wasn't sure how to continue.

He knew that what he did was very inappropriate, but he couldn't think of anything else that he could do to check if Cale's legs were shaking or not. And if he were to explain further, it would just sound like he was making an excuse to touch Cale without consent. Choi Han immediately regretted his decision.

Why didn't I think this through?! I should've asked Cale-nim for permission first, but I got too worried. I really should've thought if my actions were making him uncomfortable-

"Hey." Cale's voice brought him back to reality. Choi Han had an apologetic expression as he looked down at Cale's flushed face. He began to speak. "Please forgive my rude beha-" But Cale cut him off. "Enough."

Choi Han shut his mouth. It wasn't because Cale's tone of speaking was strict or upset. It seemed comforting, even. "No need to apologize. I know what you wanted to do, so just let me know in advance in the future before doing things like that, alright?" Cale had a gentle smile on his face. That smile made it hard for Choi Han to breathe.

He accidentally let his thoughts out loud. "Your smile is too addictive, Cale-nim." Cale's expression froze from shock. People around them were too loud and noisy, so no one heard Choi Han saying out Cale's name. Not that that was what made Cale surprised.

His cheeks burned even more than before, and his smile turned into a cute frown. "You're much too brazen with your words, you know?" Cale may sound like he was criticizing Choi Han, but he could see Cale's lowering his head back down slowly, the frown turning back into a small but happy grin.

Choi Han also relaxed and spoke to him. "Then I will begin my inspection, Naru-nim. I will have to feel under the robe too, so I can make sure that your legs are alright." Cale readied himself, but the hands that gently touched his legs still surprised him.

He stood still and tried to ignore it, his heart doing its best to calm down. But the rough hands that touched him and the calloused fingers tracing and gliding across his skin made him shiver. This made the shaking in his legs even worse.

His legs were already quite tired from all the walking they had done today, and the other thing was also making his legs shake more than needed. And when Choi Han touched his legs, he almost felt like his legs would just give up and collapse, when he felt a pair of arms holding onto him tightly.

Choi Han spoke with no emotion in his voice. "We will find a seat for you right away." Cale scoffed, but he knew what Choi Han was thinking. "I don't want to rest yet." Choi Han wanted to protest. He was about to tell Cale to get some rest, but then saw his slender finger pointing in front of him. Choi Han's eyes followed his finger and finally noticed that the crowd had stopped moving. The reason was because of the stage in front of them.

He saw two women who wore clothes fitting for swordsmen, but there was also a certain elegance to their clothes. They were also holding dazzling swords that seemed to be adorned in beautiful precious stones, and transparent ribbon were tied to the hilt, the flow of the cloth adding to the picturesque scene.

Choi Han stared at the swordsmen, and saw that they had began to dance with their swords. A magnificent sight greeted all the citizens on the streets, the sounds of swords clashing against each other resounding on the stage. The two were moving their foot in sync of one another, and their dance complimented the already outstanding swordsmanship.

Cale could relax in Choi Han's arms as he looked up at the stage now that all he had to do was stand. He enjoyed the show and the cold wind of the night. Then he heard something that made him shudder for another reason.

"Good stance, quick reflexes, and calculated steps, but... I would be able to defeat them both. Easily." Cale could only tremble and look at the beautiful sight with one thought in mind.

...So vicious.