Might just be seeing things

Cale could hear his own heartbeat thumping crazily in his chest. He could still feel Choi Han's warm breath against his skin, and the black hair tickled his neck. Cale was used to Choi Han being accidentally flirtatious then getting embarrassed, but it seems like Choi Han in this current state was laying his feelings bare without being shy at all. Is this what the waitress meant about increasing confidence?

Cale then felt a hand softly holding onto his shoulders, and Choi Han's voice once again rang in his ears. "...Cale-nim?" Choi Han slowly pulled back his face, and Cale could see from his flushed cheeks and ears that he was definitely drunk, but he also seemed to be able to grasp logical thought and control of his mind. It really seemed like this was the true Choi Han when he wasn't shy to show his feelings.

Cale was having trouble thinking about anything at all when he stared into those black eyes, and had to force himself to look away. He stared at the ground, trying to collect his thoughts on what he should do to help Choi Han, when a sudden force pulled Cale out of his seat. Or, more specifically, picked him up.

Even though Cale had been sitting across the table, Choi Han somehow pulled Cale up from his seat and put him in his own lap. Cale, realizing that he was now sitting on Choi Han's lap instead of his seat, became flustered. And it definitely did not help when he felt something poking against his robe from below.

Cale held onto Choi Han's arms that were still around him, scared that he would fall to the floor. He was also thankful that there wasn't anyone near the balcony to see this scene. Cale then heard a deep but quiet voice. "Am I... troubling you?"

Cale's face that was tinted a bright red looked back at Choi Han's face. He looked very sad and worried, his eyebrows curving upwards in the middle. Even when he was drunk, Choi Han truly resembled a cute puppy. Cale had trouble answering Choi Han, with his position being so close to him, but he still stuttered out a response.

"N-no, you're not. I a-agreed to this myself, remember?" Cale's eyes glanced at Choi Han's face, his own still inching away slowly. He saw a smile finally appear. "Right, of course. Cale-nim has always been considerate, after all. Caring for everyone around you, taking the people in need under your wing..." Choi Han's head drooped and lightly fell against Cale's chest.

"...But I'm selfish." Choi Han's hands that were on Cale's shoulders moved down so that his arms were holding onto Cale gently. "I want you for myself, Cale-nim." Choi Han raised his head and stared directly into Cale's eyes. His husky voice had a slight gravel to it. "I might not be able to wait any longer."

***

Adeline had asked another waitress to go up and pack yo the leftovers so that the two customers could get ready to leave at any moment, but when she was walking back down to the counter, she noticed that the waitress's face was very pink.

Adeline guessed what the waitress saw, and giggled. "Aren't the couple cute?" The waitress, who was putting the bag of leftovers on the counter with her head lowered, looked up with an embarrassed expression. Adeline was getting extra snacks and alcohol to put into the bag and shuffled around behind the counter.

"T-they were so close to each other!" Adeline laughed. "Of course! It's their first date, and the chocolate sauce probably helped them get closer to each other, literally." She still had a mischievous smile and was picking up an outfit that she prepared and presumed belonged to the swordsman to put into the bag when something she heard made her scratch her ear.

"The robed guy was sitting on the swordsman!" Adeline thought she heard wrong, but the waitress continued and confirmed what she had just said.

"Their arms were all around each other and were staring so deeply into each others eyes, I felt like an outsider when I was putting the food into the boxes. Ahh, it was so awkward! The robed guy looked ashamed and tried to get off the swordsman, but he held onto the man. He even glared my way when I looked at the robed guy from behind!"

Adeline wanted to listen to more, but then heard footsteps from the stairs. She turned around and thought she might just get diabetes from the sweet atmosphere.

She saw Cale walking straight forward without hesitation, and his stride gave off a majestic aura. But the red face and the man who had his arms around him made the robed man look very not-majestic.

When he reached the counter, Choi Han who was behind was still holding onto Cale, his head burrowing into  his hood covered neck. He glared at the two woman briefly before going back to rubbing his head against the hooded head.

Adeline felt her jaw drop. They are doing this so boldly in public! My oh my, how can they be so brazen? Not that I'm complaining, though... Her thoughts were cut off when a mumble was heard.

"...He's very drunk, so I'm just letting him support himself using my body." Cale refused to look at anyone in the eyes as he dropped a pouch of coins onto the counter, and didn't see the incredulous look on Adeline's face. "...It seems that our dear customers cares for each other very much." She saw Cale's head duck down, and couldn't help but smile cheekily.

Choi Han looked up a little and his eyes narrowed on the clothes in Adeline's hands. "Where did you get that from?" She flinched at the monotonous tone, but quickly explained that she saw the outfit dropped on the ground and retrieved it, waiting to go to the public lost and found section of the security department in the city.

She saw Choi Han think for a moment, and heard a muffled "It's mine. Please put it into the bag too," then he slumped his head back down to nestle his nose into the robed man's neck area.

Cale awkwardly patted the black hair lightly, as if to say 'Alright, this should be enough?'. Adeline saw Choi Han tighten his grip like he was happy, and thought she could see smoke coming out from under the hood, but she might just be seeing things.