Chapter 1: The journey to Hogwarts

"GO VIKTOR!" Athena called as he swooped past her on his broom. She was a small, light brunette girl, with pale pink pursed lips. Her face was sprinkled with light freckles, and her dark eyelashes sat on her green eyes. Her hair was frizzy and, normally, out of control. Her father stood next to her, clapping for the quidditch star. Athena wore a red hoodie with her and her brother on it, as she was so proud to call Viktor her sibling: In her hand was a Bulgarian flag, the colours also striped across her cheeks. She was a lively and strong-minded girl, who took pride in leadership and knowledge.

The match finished, and Athena rushed to congratulate her brother on catching the snitch. 

"Well done, Viktor!" Athena said. "I'm so proud of you!" 

Viktor laughed broadly. "Come on- we have an interview to get to!"

"I'm coming with you?" Athena asked. 

"Of course!"

The interviewer was a stocky, blonde man with bright blue eyes, and he wore yellow quidditch robes that clashed with his red face. He wasted no time at all with greeting, just got straight to it.

"Make sure you write all of this down" He said to the scrawny boy next to him. "So Viktor Krum, How are you feeling after today's match?"

"Uhhh, great yes. It was lucky of me" Viktor replied.

"So humble!" The man exclaimed. "Who is this you have brought with you?"

"My sister, Athena"

"Excellent! Pleasure to meet you- so, tell me, what's it like having the best seeker in the world as your brother?" The man said, leaning on the table.

"I don't really see him for his achievements- He would still be the same Viktor even if he wasn't the seeker we see today". Athena replied.

"Ah, so humble! Just like her brother!" The man acknowledged, laughing to himself. "Your English is very good- accent and all. Anyone would think your British!"

Athena nodded her head slowly.

"Must've been a complicated piece of magic to achieve that level" 

"Well yes, it would need to be to understand  any of this- you all talk so differently!"

"Yes, yes we do. You get Witches and Wizards from all over the county to see this type of sporting event!"

***

With a warm cup of coffee in both her hands, Athena sat alongside Viktor, eating their final meal at Durmstangs before departing to Scotland for the Triwizard tournament. Today she had slicked her hair back into two neat french plaits.  She had only been chosen to go to Scotland because her father was the headmaster of the school, Igor Karkaroff, and he had wanted her to come with the school also to show that they had at least one student who could cast a spell without killing someone, as most of the boy's heads seemed to be filled with sawdust and blood. Viktor was alright, he was timider, and would rather play quidditch than practice the dark arts, this is what had made them want to be around each other at school;  a mutual hatred toward the stuck-up imbeciles of the institute. Athena wasn't even of wizarding age yet, only being sixteen, too young to enter: Her father had argued that she would be turning seventeen on the 31st of October, one day after they had arrived, making her only just eligible for the competition.

 "You ok there?" Viktor said through a mouthful of granola. He had noticed Athena deep in thought. 

"I'm just wondering what it's like over there," She said, facing the wall blankly "If it's much different"

"I just hope that the foods good" He mumbled, spooning another mouthful through his lips.

Athena chuckled softly. "I hope the people are better than here. English boys are meant to be gentlemen" she said, now looking at Viktor.