Chapter 25: The Battle of the Astronomy Tower

On a nightly walk around the castle, Athena found herself wandering around the seventh floor, stopping curiously at various tapestries and paintings. She passed many empty classrooms and bathrooms, and just as she passed the girls lavatories, a loud scream tore through the air. Snape came from around the corner, facing Athena.

"MURDER IN THE BOYS BATHROOM!" the girls voice called.

Athena glanced at Snape, arming herself with her wand before sprinting into the bathroom: it was stained with blood and water, Harry was distraught over Draco's bleeding body, as if he had been slashed by a dagger multiple times. Athena and Severus touched the wound with their wands, healing them steadily- as though they were being stitched back together. Draco was paler than ever, but his eyes were blotched with deep red and stained with tears.

"Professor Karkaroff, may I suggest you take the boy to the hospital wing... and I will deal with the other" Snape snarled.

Athena nodded, hoisting Dracos arm up, resting his weight onto her. Draco winced as he walked alongside her, limping whenever he placed a foot down. 

"Come on Draco, not long now- you're doing well" She whispered as they went down the stairs. She could've sworn she saw a small tear form.

"I can't do it, Athena" He replied in a small voice.

"You can Draco, see, it's only down there". she pointed at the wooden door.

She sat Draco down on one of the hospital beds, the entire place empty except for Madam Pomfrey rushing over to them.

"Send an Owl to his mother, Please, Professor," She asked.

Athena once again conjured her parchment and quill, Moshten flying to her. 

Dear Ms Narcissa Malfoy,

"Your mother's name is Narcissa, isn't it?" Athena asked.

Draco nodded.

 Draco has been sent to the hospital wing with a few wounds- you may visit past 8 'o'clock tonight. You shall be escorted by Aurors into the castle if you choose to do so.

Kind regards,

Professor A.D.K

Athena quickly attached the letter, telling him- 'To Narcissa Malfoy of Malfoy manor'

Not long after, a tall, pale woman with long, blonde hair entered the room, looking weepy and worried. Her sharp, blue eyes fell onto Draco, and she rushed to his beside- Athena knew that she had seen this woman at the quidditch championship in the summer 2, nearly 3 years previously. Narcissa's cold eyes eventually met Athena's, and hey brightened quickly as if she was in deep shock.

"A-Athena?" She asked. "Is that really you?"

Athena stalled for a second, clenching her jaw. "Yes, It is"

Narcissa's face lit up. "Oh, Bella will be delighted! Are you here part-time, or are you a student- no, no, no you would've finished last year- unless you're resitting?"

"I passed all of my NEWTs  2 years ago" Athena responded.

"but that doesn't make sense, you were only-"

"Seventeen, yes I was"

"Then why are you here?" Narcissa almost scowled.

"Well, Draco and I met when I came over from Durmstrangs institute and recognised each other's last names immediately- and today I thought I'd come pay him a visit" Athena lied. 

"That's completely right," Draco said. "She usually brings me my favourite foods from Hogsmeade"

Narcissa sharp face softened. "Thank you, Athena. It means a lot, especially now"