Chapter 33: A free elf

None of the three could sleep, as they did not dare stir after what they did. The distinct sounds of voices erupted downstairs, and Athena sat up instantly in response. She listened carefully and silently, staring at George's beautiful brown eyes as he did so too. The only people that should've been downstairs were Bellatrix, Narcissa, Lucius and Draco, but Athena could hear way more. Shouts and her mother's piercing voice ripped through the walls, making Athena arm herself and pull on robes.

"What do you think is happening?" Fred whispered.

"I don't know... maybe the order?" Athena responded quietly.

"You think so?" George asked.

"I don't know. I might go check"

"We're coming too" Fred whispered.

"Fine, but we have to be careful" She said. "And if it is the Order, they'll need the hostages, so if I say 'go', it means go and save them, okay?"

The most horrific scream erupted from downstairs, causing Athena to flinch- her mind instantly darted to Tonks, being tortured mercilessly by her mother. Athena set off, sprinting down the stairs and noiselessly as possible. Draco was at the door, dragging stunned bodies while crying quietly.

"Draco, get ready to go," Athena said, holding her wand high above her head.

Another scream, but this was louder and more painful to hear.

"Did you break into my vault?!" Her mother screeched.

"No, I didn't take anything I promise, Its a fake-" Another scream. Athena recognised the girl's voice, fury and rage bursting inside of her like a burst of energy.

"GO!" Athena screamed to the twins, who had only just arrived. She turned to the door, lifting her wand high. "EXPLUSO!" She screamed. The door blew up with a huge bang, and groans could be heard from next to it. The sight was horrific. Her mother had suspended Hermione underneath her, dragging a knife across her wrist while she cried out for help: She looked barely conscious, pale, and blood surrounded her. "FLIPENDO MAXIMA!" 

Her mother flew backwards, spinning quickly and violently. Athena turned to Lucius and Narcissa- neither seemed to put up a fight when she simply said "Petrificus Totalus", binding their limbs together. She turned on her heel back to her mother. They duelled, Athena back to her effortless, wordless magic oppose her mother's constant screeches of curses. Harry, Ron and the twins burst in, Draco trailing behind them. Greyback walked in almost giddy with excitement as he duelled The boys. She trapped Bellatrix in a bubble, facing Greyback. 

His wand was held to Georges's throat, his snarling teeth pointed at him.

"DON'T TOUCH HIM!" Athena screamed, releasing unknown energy from her wand: The sight was magnificent. The man was dragged like a magnet toward the roof, his back hitting it with a sharp noise- and George had snatched his wand.

"Drop your wands!" Bellatrix screeched. She had supported Hermione on her, a knife pressed against her pale throat. "I said drop them!". Scarlet red blood began to appear in beads, falling slowly.

Athena dropped her wand to the floor, already focusing her mind on retrieving it back. 

"Collect them, Draco!" Bellatrix demanded.

Draco did as he was told, glancing at Athena for guidance with a hint of desperation on his face. They all raised their hands, Athena, ready to strike. 

A small unscrewing could be heard, right before the chandelier dropped straight onto Hermione. Bellatrix had ran backwards, screaming at the elf responsible while Athena rushed forward, pulling Hermione onto her back. She was cold and heavy, warm blood still trickling. Athena ran her hand over the worded wound, preventing the bleeding. It wasn't much, but she could help it when they get to safety.