Chapter 6: The Dates

Athena, George, Fred and many other Gryffindors welcomed Harry and Viktor into the common room, with plenty of food and drinks that the twins had gotten from the kitchens. Dean Thomas had drawn many banners and portraits of Harry beating the Horntail; others of Cedric Diggory on fire. 

Athena had been upset since the news about her father, but she wanted to celebrate with Harry and Viktor over their successes, so she mentally blocked it from her process of thought. She needed to tell George, but now just simply wasn't the time. 

"Hey Athena," Fred said, swooping by her. "Care for a custard cream?" 

"No thank you," Athena said, noticing the strange green tint on them.

"Oh come on!" He nagged.

"Fred, I'm not hungry" She said politely.

"How'd you know I'm Fred?" 

Athena gestured toward the mole on his neck. "Your voices are different too." 

"You've sussed it out quicker than mum, she still gets us mixed up!" he laughed. George came to them, holding three butter-beers before handing one to Fred.  

"Fred, what did I say about offering Athena the canary- I mean custard creams!" George said.

"Oh yeah, sorry George. I'll go offer them to the 2nd years!" Fred said, rushing over to the group of younger pupils, leaving Athena and George alone in the corner. He handed her a Butter-beer. 

"Is this a beer?" said Athena, having never had a butter-beer. 

"Well, kind of," George said. "It's not too alcoholic, but it is like beer. Try it!"  

Athena took a long sip of the sweet, golden liquid. It tasted delicious, similar to butterscotch. It was frothy on top, but perfectly liquid underneath.

"Good, right?" George asked, taking a seat on the red sofa.

"It's great" Athena responded, sitting down opposite him. "Very different from back in Bulgaria."

"What did you normally drink?" He asked, sipping his butter-beer.

"Well, normally we'd have just water, or herbal tea," She said. "But on special occasions, we have Rakia."

"What's that?" George asked, tilting his head.

"Its a really strong fruit brandy" She responded. "Its dad's favourite." 

She shouldn't have brought him up, so she shifted the conversation.

"But on mums birthday, we drink tea and beer" She said, her face dropping slightly. George stood up to sit next to Athena. He wrapped an arm around her.

"So she was British?" He asked.

Athena nodded.

"Do you want to go upstairs and cry about it?" George asked softly.

Athena was silent for a moment. She nodded. 

***

They sat on the bed once again, but the mood was much more solemn. Athena had small tears rolling down her face as she sobbed into George's chest. This was not the same girl who bloodied up a 6 foot 5 man earlier that same day, and that made George concerned. He knew that it was more than her mother causing this.

"Tell me whats happened," George said, wiping a tear from her face. "whats caused all this?"

Her nose was now tinted red, and her eyelashes were more announced over her teary eyes.

She wiped her tears quickly. "It's my father" she announced quickly.

"What about him, Theenie?" He asked, looking at Athena.

"Harry told me that... he was- a death eater" She said, looking straight into his eyes.

George wrapped both his arms around Athena, stroking her hair softly. "I'm sure there's some sort of explanation"

"There can't be," She whispered to him. "They were the ones who killed my mother"

George leant his head on hers, trying to calm her. "What was her name?" He asked softly, trying to bring up happy memories.

"Elizabeth Williams." Athena responded slowly.

***

They chatted until they both fell tired, and decided that it would be too risky for Athena to walk all the way back to ship. George gave her a T-shirt the sleep in, that was far too big. George closed the curtains, and they drifted to sleep in each other's arms.

***

It was now December 20th, and Yule was closing in. Athena and George had been going to Hogsmeade together, buying gifts. They intended to stay at Hogwarts for Yule, while Igor, and most pupils of Durmstrang went back to Bulgaria. Igor had left Athena with a large, wrapped box, with a small letter on top, clearly stating 'Open on Yule morning', and also 50 Galleons to get presents: But there was a problem. The only 'Dress robes' Athena had were the traditional Durmstrang robes; a horrific red fur coat, with a long black skirt that not even Fluer could pull off. 

The Yule Ball had been announced, and everyone was getting dates; Athena had been asked by George, which she quickly accepted. It was simple for Viktor to get a date, the Beauxbatons girl, Josephine, practically knocked him over in joy when he asked her. Fred had asked Angelina, and Oliver was going with Alicia Spinnet, the Gryffindor chaser. That left Ron, Harry, Hermione and Neville left without dates, and Athena had a trick up her sleeve.

"Hey!" Athena said, sliding on to her chair at lunch. She had already filled George and Fred in on the plan. "Are we excited for the ball?" she asked, helping herself to breakfast.

"Kind of," Harry said.

"Easy for you to say!" Ron said. "My robes make me look like my great aunt Tessie!"

Everyone laughed.

"Have you got dates yet?" She asked them. They all shook their heads. "Well, I'll tell you what," Athena said, finishing her mouthful. "I can get you all dates," Their faces lit up. "But you can't reject who I put you with ok?" 

They stalled for a second. "Ok," Harry said. "I don't care anymore, we need dates!" He said at Ron.

"Ok, Hermione, you're going with Ron" She said pointing.

"What?" They both said.

"The rules are the rules!" Athena said, sticking up her hands. "Neville and Luna, you two are going together" 

They happily nodded. "Brilliant!" Neville said happily.

"And Ginny," Athena said, "You NEED to come, and the only person left is Harry!" she gestured toward him. "So you'll be going together!" They both blushed violently.

"So now, we all have dates, and Ginny is coming!" Athena said. "I think it's safe to say, that the problem has been solved" She stood up. "See you later!"

"Where are you going?" Harry asked.

"Homework!" She yelled.